Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100D Buyers/Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys: just found out my mx 100D is now in production! When would you recommend applying for financing? Also any car insurance recommendations in north jersey area? I did a search and it's all over the place with liberty mutual and also progressive

Hey Dr Doom, I currently have 2 cars with Geico and called them last week for a quote without a vin number and got $529 for 6 months with a $1K deductible. What are some of the quotes you're getting from other companies?

Hey Dr Doom, I currently have 2 cars with Geico and called them last week for a quote without a vin number and got $529 for 6 months with a $1K deductible. What are some of the quotes you're getting from other companies?

these are quotes I got a couple months ago before when I had a 60D MX and used my VIN and before I had switched to 100D.

Nationwide- 727 dollars/6months with 1500 deductible

Progressive- 478/6months with 1000 deductible
there was 100/300 coverage, 1000 deductible for glass.

Geico was quoting me a lot more for the MX by itself coverage- it was close to the nationwide price and more.

Anyone on North Jersey area that has Liberty Mutual?

@Dr Doom I thought your X was ahead of mine. Maybe I've been watching your posts for longer ;-)
Here's my opinion: Contact your DS and see what week they are expecting delivery. I will go out on a limb and suggest it is possible that the MyTesla webpage is behind, and your car has been in production for a couple days. The factory had my X100D complete in about 7 days. If you can verify that your car's delivery is definitely within 30 days... I'd get financing wrapped up now.

My sentiment is that production is going well at the factory & they are pushing vehicles out at a nice pace. My build quality was high. My X was claimed by the DS team as being one of the most complete X's they had seen -- nearly flawless. I will say I was relieved when the trim lines -- FWD's, etc all looked well within visual spec. I found a couple small points, but nothing took away that happy giddy smile that is still plastered; even days later.

For delivery timing, I'll caveat that I'm on the West Coast and Tesla is definitely prioritizing deliveries over here at the moment for quarter end.

While traveling up I5 for my delivery appointment, we came right up in the slow lane on a Truck with a Car Trailer FULL of model S's -- clearly on their way to delivery. Such a nice site to see on a Saturday morning while taking delivery myself. I predict those were bound for Seattle or Canada. -- there should be some happy new owners up North this week.
glad to hear your MX was near flawless. I'll email him now to see when delivery is likely to happen. Thanks

When my car went into production, I got an email from my DS to apply for financing. I think you should apply now as it most likely will be less than 30 days for the delivery.

No recommendation for insurance as I'm in Miami, but for me Progressive provided the best rates.
Seconding the progressive rates! Have a 90D and a Touareg and I got $1,200/6 mo premium.

They are great until you get in an accident and they have to pay. Our 90D was involved in a 1 car accident on 3/5 and was declared total loss as of 3/15. Progressive is delaying paying and has gone in complete silence. Last thing I got from them was that the check approval is up on the desk of someone's bosses, bosses, boss desk.

All I'm getting is that they are having a tough time approving a 100K+ check and it involves a lot of red tape.

Body shop advised the same about progressive indicating that other customers have also had tough times

Seconding the progressive rates! Have a 90D and a Touareg and I got $1,200/6 mo premium.

They are great until you get in an accident and they have to pay. Our 90D was involved in a 1 car accident on 3/5 and was declared total loss as of 3/15. Progressive is delaying paying and has gone in complete silence. Last thing I got from them was that the check approval is up on the desk of someone's bosses, bosses, boss desk.

All I'm getting is that they are having a tough time approving a 100K+ check and it involves a lot of red tape.

Body shop advised the same about progressive indicating that other customers have also had tough times

Progressive has had some shady practices in past. Man- reading about this case where Progressive testified against the family of the dead on behalf of the killer. Even if they are cheaper, I don't want to be involved in this red tape if there is an accident.

PREMIUM FISHER | My Sister Paid Progressive Insurance to Defend Her...

Matt Fisher Outraged By Progressive Insurance Defending Sister's Killer (2nd UPDATE) | The Huffington Post

Progressive has had some shady practices in past. Man- reading about this case where Progressive testified against the family of the dead on behalf of the killer. Even if they are cheaper, I don't want to be involved in this red tape if there is an accident.

PREMIUM FISHER | My Sister Paid Progressive Insurance to Defend Her...

Matt Fisher Outraged By Progressive Insurance Defending Sister's Killer (2nd UPDATE) | The Huffington Post
You can find horror stories about any insurer (even on this forum) - Progressive, GEICO, Chubb, USAA, American Family, Farmers, Nationwide, etc., etc., etc. Unfortunately none of us know if we're going to be the next "story", and I dont think you can state with any significant degree of certainty that "this" insurer will be better than "that" insurer until all particulars of the claim are materialized. Until then - pick your nemesis the best you can.

Reactions: Shopi01 and sharag
image.jpeg
This landed in my driveway yesterday afternoon (31Mar17 ~ 1Q17 Delivery) 100D. Problem is I will not get to actually see it until this evening around 7:30 pm if I am lucky:-( Had it hand delivered so I could help the delivery numbers by at least one:) At least red ridding hood got to visit with her parents (both turning 90 soon).

Reactions: TechVP
View attachment 220755 This landed in my driveway yesterday afternoon (31Mar17 ~ 1Q17 Delivery) 100D. Problem is I will not get to actually see it until this evening around 7:30 pm if I am lucky:-( Had it hand delivered so I could help the delivery numbers by at least one:) At least red ridding hood got to visit with her parents (both turning 90 soon).
Blue Riding Hood ?

Hey guys: just found out my mx 100D is now in production! When would you recommend applying for financing? Also any car insurance recommendations in north jersey area? I did a search and it's all over the place with liberty mutual and also progressive

Hey @Dr Doom - not sure if you found insurance yet but if not check out NJM Insurance. I pay $1,800 annually for 300/300 coverage and 750/1000 deductible.

They have certain eligibility requirements that you can find on their website.

You can find horror stories about any insurer (even on this forum) - Progressive, GEICO, Chubb, USAA, American Family, Farmers, Nationwide, etc., etc., etc. Unfortunately none of us know if we're going to be the next "story", and I dont think you can state with any significant degree of certainty that "this" insurer will be better than "that" insurer until all particulars of the claim are materialized. Until then - pick your nemesis the best you can.

Uh, my relative is going to disagree on this. She deals with them every day for over 25 years. Some insurers treat you a lot more fair than others when the accident comes. The "flo girl" is the one she hates most.