Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100d is coming soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon said the car needs to be ordered by Dec 31 to get the free supercharging. I think they also require delivery by the end of March or something like that. I expect a lot of people will be ordering the last week of the year delaying as long as possible hoping to get the 100D with free supercharging.

Does anyone think that we actually will see the 100D before the end of the year? I really hope so, but I'm not so sure...

I think the 100D will be introduced early next year. They need to constantly do things to boost sales and with free supercharging ending at the end of this year, they don't need to do anything else to boost sales before the end of the year. Even if the 100 pack production is up to handle expansion to the standard S/X, they will most likely hold off until January or February.

Does anyone think that we actually will see the 100D before the end of the year? I really hope so, but I'm not so sure...

P100D demand is still having a hard time to be met as there's a complaint that an 8/2016 order is still not filled and now projected to be in December/January:

What is going on with P100 Production? | Tesla Motors

I imagine P100D demand should be met first before 100D orders should be opened next.

P100D demand is still having a hard time to be met as there's a complaint that an 8/2016 order is still not filled and now projected to be in December/January:

What is going on with P100 Production? | Tesla Motors

I imagine P100D demand should be met first before 100D orders should be opened next.
Other P100D are getting delivered. Looks like perhaps white seats and not the battery. But who knows for sure.

I think I'll just order the 90D (X) and hope that the battery will be the 100 and a software unlock away. Having free superchargers for life is important to me, and deliveries are now already "end of March" for Europe...

Reactions: vrykolas
Still no 100D available. Have your received any updates?

Tesla's actions are relatively predictable if you follow the logic. Right now, they're getting the demand that they need from the end-of-the year free supercharging rush. Adding the 100D before year end would be unnecessarily piling on and so it won't happen. Once the supercharging rush is over they will get a sharp demand drop unless.... ??? unless what?? :)

So, we can expect to see something new & interesting in early January. The 100D is the most obvious candidate, as there is quite a bit of interest in that. Another possibility is an upgraded MCU and interior, although I wouldn't be surprised to see that in early spring, just before the next Model 3 reveal.

Still no 100D available. Have your received any updates?
It is highly unlikely that any individual outside of Tesla will learn the 100D release date before Tesla announces it publicly. And of course Tesla won't even "announce" it beyond simply suddenly changing the website vehicle configuration page. For relatively minor changes that is all Tesla does.

There is evidence in statements from Elon that the S/X will always get the latest and coolest features first, before lower cost models like the 3 or the future 3-based SUV.

There is no compelling evidence, in my opinion, that Tesla will offer a HUD. That doesn't mean it won't happen...

Certainly we're going to see something interesting on the model 3. HUD or otherwise... who knows?

Hello,
I don't have an update on release that but my personal prediction is mid January. As someone found that 100D reference in design studio, I suppose they are now ready to release it soon.
I've heard that they will not discontinue 90s straight away, they will present 100 as an upgrade option, while ordering.
At first, they will not build software limited 90s, as the new pack is slightly more expensive to build.

Another update, as I mentioned in my first post, ventilated seats are now available in all models.