Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 EV Household - what else you got?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our runabout is a Fiat 500e. Fantastic little thing, totally different character to the MY.
Yep, we‘re very happy with ours. The almost-convertible roof is great.
Convertible EVs make perfect sense to me - who wants to listen to a diesel death-rattle when the roof is down. Wish there was more choice in that EV sub segment.
Fiat just need to make a couple of software tweaks to make it perfect- its a bit ‘floaty’ to drive. Would benefit from reduced steering assistance, but maybe they’re saving that for the Arbath.

I must admit it always struck me as a potentially brilliant little runabaout to have in town :)
Yes, my wife has had one since January this year & we both adore it.

Visiting & returning from our Daughter, SOC is either unchanged or -1% at most (from 37kW usable). The Model 3 always lost between -2 to -3% (from 70kW) for the same weather conditions. A Tesla is an extremely efficient EV but the Fiat always wins hands down for local trips.

500e.JPG

Convertible EVs make perfect sense to me - who wants to listen to a diesel death-rattle when the roof is down. Wish there was more choice in that EV sub segment.
Fiat just need to make a couple of software tweaks to make it perfect- its a bit ‘floaty’ to drive. Would benefit from reduced steering assistance, but maybe they’re saving that for the Arbath.
I guess the roof down completely destroys the aerodynamics so that may be why there aren’t a lot of convertible EVs at the moment? Not sure if the mass of the battery puts any structural constraints either…
Completely agree with you, though. :)

Reactions: thax1 and Beady3647

I'm sure the 500e is great, but if you really want to experience 'open-air' travel in an EV, there are much much more exciting options to you (and cheaper!!). Just taken my new EV out for its first trip around the local B roads.......its an absolute flying machine, and the connection between man+machine is utterly sublime. Our Tesla is like a taking a ride on the Queen Mary in comparison, utter dull, devoid of character or excitement in comparison, still warmth, safety, and music is more useful 99% of the time :).

52584198982_e14d34716b_k_d.jpg

52584668751_9ca421dbf4_k_d.jpg

Reactions: Caramel and thax1
I'm sure the 500e is great, but if you really want to experience 'open-air' travel in an EV, there are much much more exciting options to you (and cheaper!!). Just taken my new EV out for its first trip around the local B roads.......its an absolute flying machine, and the connection between man+machine is utterly sublime. Our Tesla is like a taking a ride on the Queen Mary in comparison, utter dull, devoid of character or excitement in comparison, still warmth, safety, and music is more useful 99% of the time :).
Couldn’t agree more @gangzoom .
Third year in a row that my road bike fleet have done more mileage than our cars:)
Not made the leap to battery power on the bikes yet though, just coffee&cake fuelled.
Ride On!

Reactions: gangzoom
Not made the leap to battery power on the bikes yet though, just coffee&cake fuelled.
Ride On!

Honestly once you try it you will not go back. The Creo is 12.7kg, so getting there, Scott do a 10kg version, the front end of the Creo is fab/crisp, the back end is still weighty but no where near as bad as the hybrid eBike. I've fallen off twice this year already so didn't feel confident enough to 'force' the back end to play more on the first ride out!

We all know on the flat its about aero, but once you hit those 5%+ humps the electric assistance just makes you smile:).

I cannot wait to go out on the Creo again tomorrow!! Absolute joy to ride, the X will do its thing of ferrying around the extended family, for fun though, no contest now, the Creo is king. A brand new prestine bike looks great, but its even better once there is light covering of good old B road grime to show its been put to good use :).

52584199157_5d92aacd03_k_d.jpg

Not a RoboMower? The FSD on mine makes Tesla look positively amazing!

"I will now set off in a random direction until I hit something, and then try a different random direction" ... covers ALL the ground before, eventually, arriving back at HOME :)
Yeah, that’s pretty much Tesla’s FSD approach without UltraSonic Sensors.

No one. A inline 6 cylinder petrol engine on the other hand, I could listen to that all day long 👌
That could be a whole other entertaining thread: …best sounding internal combustion engine layouts. But we might be a little outvoted here 😅

(Personally the V8 in my old RS4 was pretty good sounding when properly on the boil 🤣, but I’d also take a flat 6 or settle for a V12. Let’s not get into bike engines could be here all night😎)

....who wants to listen to a diesel death-rattle when the roof is down. ...
No I can't understand why anyone would buy a diesel engined convertible.

However the F20C engine in a Honda S2000 between 5500-8800 rpm on the high lift cam is a characterful thing of savage beauty.... especially when driven at night, top down (naturally) on quiet country roads. There are many other petrol engines which aurally add to the experience of driving a convertible.

Oh....we also have a Fiat 500e which is a nice local run around, but a thrilling drive...not at all (but that is not the point of the car).

Last edited:
Reactions: thax1 and gangzoom
Arrived yesterday. The X is slightly jealous 🤣

It doesn't look like there is much room for the X on that driveway anyways!!!

Hope everyone has been making use of their EVs today :)

52586648981_772b8b9493_k_d.jpg

The X did get a run out for family duties, most exciting bit of that trip was the 'reward' at the end of it. Apart from a shopping run don't think the Tesla will get used for the next week......Need to find some more time/reason to go out on the Creo though 🥰🥰.

52587564318_4c2f7177d9_c_d.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Caramel and Sean.
However the F20C engine in a Honda S2000 between 5500-8800 rpm on the high lift cam is a characterful thing of savage beauty

.....and the hope the car is pointing in a straight line when the VTEC kicks in Yo!! :) The first and last time I drove a Gen 1 S2000, ended up facing the wrong way on a 3 lane roundabout - I blame VTEC, made my DC2 Teg at the time feel 'tame' especially in the wet!

Reactions: Whyone
.....and the hope the car is pointing in a straight line when the VTEC kicks in Yo!! :) The first and last time I drove a Gen 1 S2000, ended up facing the wrong way on a 3 lane roundabout - I blame VTEC, made my DC2 Teg at the time feel 'tame' especially in the wet!
My car was a 2001 gen. 1 car and yes, they could be a little tail happy in the wet.

Managed 4 years / 32k miles all pointing approximately in the correct direction in mine.

Reactions: gangzoom