Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2000 Acceleration Boost for Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm expecting the "Pretty Good Service" upgrade for $3K. Perhaps Tesla has not only been sandbagging motor output, but also customer service?

is PGS a real thing? Or am I missing something. I’m bummed that I most likely won’t be getting matched until after 9/30 so I won’t be able to get EAP which expires then. Not sure if Performance Boost will still be available either. I guess they might do similar at the end of Q4.

Hard to get a solid answer searching M3 owners...does the acceleration boost lower the MY range?

Can't answer definitively but... a few months back, there was the ability to order an MY with 19" (Gemini) and 20" (Induction) wheels. While I can't recall 100%, I think the listed range for the Performance MY without Überturbines was 315 (vs 316 for LR).

Based on this, I'm guessing that LR range won't drop noticeably with the new acceleration boost option.

is PGS a real thing? Or am I missing something. I’m bummed that I most likely won’t be getting matched until after 9/30 so I won’t be able to get EAP which expires then. Not sure if Performance Boost will still be available either. I guess they might do similar at the end of Q4.

Crap, now Tesla will be thinking about charging for PGS. Then VGS for $8K.

During my initial test drive I was a little miffed at the “grunt” off the line, it was faster but not OMG faster then I noticed my SOC was at 15%, Went home and and pumped it up to 75% and went for another drive, I found the OMG factor, that changed everything. A buddy with a PMY has a DRAGY so we are going to do some “testing”. Unfortunately I can’t do a before, but if the 3 results is any indication I hope to get the advertised 4.3 or better. Tesla seems to “sandbag” their performance specs.

During my initial test drive I was a little miffed at the “grunt” off the line, it was faster but not OMG faster then I noticed my SOC was at 15%, Went home and and pumped it up to 75% and went for another drive, I found the OMG factor, that changed everything. A buddy with a PMY has a DRAGY so we are going to do some “testing”. Unfortunately I can’t do a before, but if the 3 results is any indication I hope to get the advertised 4.3 or better. Tesla seems to “sandbag” their performance specs.

You are the chosen one to give us all this great data! 0-60 with draggy (with rollout). 0-60 vs performance Y. And then it'd be interesting to see the 30-70 vs performance y.

And yes, same feedback with the boost for the 3. State of charge is quite critical to feeling the full grunt.

Can't wait to hear more from you.

And with a double click w/ Apple Pay, Acceleration Boost has been purchased!

I was very curious about this when I first heard about it, can’t wait to try it out and see if I notice the difference...

Also my daughter loves the instant torque off the MY, or as she calls it “BLAST OFF!” Hopefully, this boost adds a bit more!

any reviews? Love the apple pay in-app purchase!! Lol

Let us know more about this upgrade! gonna ask the wife if we can pull the trigger or not...or just do it secretly :p

So I bought the Performance Boost and I just took my Y out for a drive. It's faster than my MX 100D. IMO it feels faster than 4.3. Maybe like 3.8. OMG... it threw me back in my seat. Sadly I am going to request a refund too much power for me especially since I got a $500 speeding ticket in my X which I turned it down to chill.

My emotions went from high to low in only three sentences