Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.13 550ee35 "Supercharging Option Not Enabled"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I installed 2017.50.13 550ee35 and don't see anything different. (Was the "screen cleaning mode" there before on the settings?) There were no release notes.

When I returned to my car (which was plugged it), I saw an interesting message:

"Unable to Charge. Supercharging Option Not Enabled."

Now, I'm on my home (mobile charger) and it's still charging, so this appears to be a bug. However, I found it interesting to pop up a warning that there's a "Supercharging Option" cause could prevent the vehicle from charging.

Could this mean future Model 3 owners can opt-out of Supercharging? Or purchase a "Supercharging Option"? It's interesting that this appears immediately after upgrading while doing a normal charge. But the error was programmed in there for some reason.

Attachments

• IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
When I returned to my car (which was plugged it), I saw an interesting message:

"Unable to Charge. Supercharging Option Not Enabled."

Now, I'm on my home (mobile charger) and it's still charging, so this appears to be a bug. However, I found it interesting to pop up a warning that there's a "Supercharging Option" cause could prevent the vehicle from charging.

Could this mean future Model 3 owners can opt-out of Supercharging? Or purchase a "Supercharging Option"? It's interesting that this appears immediately after upgrading while doing a normal charge. But the error was programmed in there for some reason.

Or could it be the start of Tesla implementing what is necessary to prevent Supercharger abuse? (I.e. disable Supercharging on commercial vehicles that are abusing Superchargers.)

Reactions: MarkS22
did you update while charging.. seems like a bug during the install
Yes that's an old bug already seen on Model S. I would recommend to unplug during update.
Best you can do now is reboot your Tesla (don't know for Model 3 in S/X you have to press both scroll wheels and both up buttons until reboot happens). I recommend this after every software update.

Yes that's an old bug already seen on Model S. I would recommend to unplug during update.
Best you can do now is reboot your Tesla (don't know for Model 3 in S/X you have to press both scroll wheels and both up buttons until reboot happens). I recommend this after every software update.

It disappeared after I unplugged and replugged. I’ve also since rebooted. Yes, it’s the same as the S/X with holding the steering buttons.

I did note that, unlike the S/X, turn signals do NOT work on the 3 while rebooting.

Dumb question but is this just rolled out at random? I'm on 50.12.

People who are at Service Centers generally get the newest update as part of their visit. There's a line on the invoice which will typically say "pushed to latest firmware", right below "filled up washer fluid". It's pretty cool that they can do something like that IMO :)