Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the first Model 3 owners (father of a Tesla employee) has received his vehicle and is answering some questions on another Tesla forum. Being unsure of the protocol here, I won't link it directly, but here's the reddit post with images and links within.
I believe it's OK to link to Model 3 Owners Club. (I may have to join there too.)

Model 3 Owner

PTFI is the first non-employee owner AFAICT.

AND SO IT BEGINS...

Not really though - his kid is an employee I believe (and gave it to dad?). So, not a non-employee delivery yet.
So if we get an employee who transferred his/her reservation to Dad-not-under-NDA around #400, we can expect that it's likely we'll see another one around #800 (maybe in a month). The buzz should be starting to build.

No, it doesn't work that way. If I'm not mistaken, technically the VIEs were the ones being sued over getting too much money from the government, but *SolarCity* is making the settlement out of its *own* cash, and getting an agreement that the VIEs will not be further bothered by the government over this. This means SolarCity is covering all of it, and the other VIE investors get what they expected to get. All cleared out, all done.

Then I don't really understand the size of the stock price drop over this.

FWIW, it looks like the argument between SolarCity and the government over misvaluation of solar installs on which the government gave a 30% grant was settled for about 1.6% of the assessed value, implying a disagreement on assessed value of about 5.5%.

This was really an argument over tiny differences in assessment. It's an art to assess property values and I know estimates of my parents' house value vary by 25%. So this was a tempest over nothing much, IMHO, and it's good that SolarCity has washed its hands clean of it.

Good video from the first delivery in Texas (Austin, vin# 259):

Software's not quite finished yet. The Tesla employee mentions that you can't yet play media from your phone--it'll be coming in an update. He also says he hasn't yet seen the ability to connect to the Internet over wifi for updates, only LTE. He also mentions he has to check whether "they may have fixed the 12V issue."

So, they're still working the bugs out of the Model 3, as expected. Probably a good part of the reason why the withdrew from consideration for the North American Car of the Year award, in addition to not needing the hype this year.

Edit: Better link to YouTube version

Last edited:
Good video from the first delivery in Texas (Austin, vin# 259):

Software's not quite finished yet. The Tesla employee mentions that you can't yet play media from your phone--it'll be coming in an update. He also says he hasn't yet seen the ability to connect to the Internet over wifi for updates, only LTE. He also mentions he has to check whether "they may have fixed the 12V issue."

So, they're still working the bugs out of the Model 3, as expected. Probably a good part of the reason why the withdrew from consideration for the North American Car of the Year award, in addition to not needing the hype this year.

Edit: Better link to YouTube version

Nice Video. Thank you.

Tesla is managing the release really well.

German elections this Sunday

W020170922718869517234.png

Status
Not open for further replies.