Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In 1990 maybe.

A 2018 Ford F-150 MSRP starts at $27,380.

I don't know any dealer discounting 45% on a base F-150.

A base F-150 has razor thin margins.

This was 2010. It was a base F150 diesel engine and I believe it was actually $14000. I mean it was plain as can be. White with grey interior. I was working for the company so I dont know the exact details it might have been more expensive. I do know it was some kind of special fleet pricing.

Last edited:
  • Tesla Inc. is recalling 11,000 Model X SUVs worldwide because their rear seats might not lock into place.
  • The recall involves vehicles with fold-flat second row seats made between Oct. 28, 2016, and Aug. 16, 2017.
  • Tesla believes only about 3 percent of the recalled vehicles have the issue.

Tesla recalling 11,000 Model X SUVs for seat issue

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo and Turing
For market purposes, once the full line with cars rolling off it goes out, it will be too late to get into tsla... Fortunately, battery production, usage, and deployment is not as exciting visually, but a far greater market.
Too late? How so? There should be lots of opportunities to be rewarded for owning this stock. Suggesting it is now or never creates a fear of missing the train that I don't think is an accurate way to look at investing in this company. I agree that this is a very powerful time for Tesla. I also wish I had known to invest in TSLA back in 2013, but this train is continuing up 4 years later. I expect it will do so 4 years from now as well.

Too late? How so? There should be lots of opportunities to be rewarded for owning this stock. Suggesting it is now or never creates a fear of missing the train that I don't think is an accurate way to look at investing in this company. I agree that this is a very powerful time for Tesla. I also wish I had known to invest in TSLA back in 2013, but this train is continuing up 4 years later. I expect it will do so 4 years from now as well.

Yes, buying more Tesla stock once we know M3 production is rolling, is one way to mitigate some of the risk.

Reactions: AlMc
Without humor or excuses I apologize!

Just a quick update, as leaked yesterday, there is a new weight component to the purchase fee added to electric cars starting at 2000kg and increasing above 2250kg. They've also removed the very good business cost write off for EVs as well. Though there is quite a bit pushback from the Christian democrats, the liberal party, environmental groups, our AAA (NAF), and of course the EV organisation. So we'll see if it stays in the voted in budget in some weeks.
Cobos

@Cobos I formally apologize to you personally.

Uh, is this serious? if so it's an inappropriate response. Cobos post is material and references the proposed 2018 Norwegian budget.

@LargeHamCollider you were right in calling me out. I stand corrected. Thank you.

Christian democrat is the name of the political party. Not name calling.

@trils0n You are correct, thank you and I stand corrected.

I am always making mistakes...but I gotta admit I almost spat out my chicken noodle soup reading this.
Did chuckle.

@geneclean55 without humor, I am sorry for the outburst.

I will shortly post on the Macro thread an effort to define in US terms examples of Christian democrat and alternatives.

@Intl Professor Thanks.

For all that disagreed or were offended by my comments, to you I also apologize.

For all that disagreed or were offended by my comments, to you I also apologize.

No need to apologize, absolutely no offense taken. You have a lot of cred, both in service to your country and your forthrightness about what you believe. Also, many of your asides and hysterically funny and folksy in the nicest sense. We all have areas of ignorance. I have to ask my sons, for example, if football is the one with hoops, or, whoops, or whatever.

Thanks, DragonWatch - I really didn't want to have to step in on this one.

In fact, I'll make a suggestion for not you, but the non-native writer (assumption there) Cobos, from Norway:

it is customary in English to capitalize parties' names; to wit: "Christian Democrats". With such, there is at least a possible hint that there was a formal name to which you were referring.

But all in all, close to No Harm, No Foul.
Thanks again, all.

Okay, what you are saying is that you are denying that things are being torn apart that you care about apparently. wtf is a christian democrat? Is that the same thing as a Republicon Confederate? Back in the day, elementary school, we used to say that "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

If your point is that your pissed because your next ICE SUV is not a freeB write off then, yes, I see your point.

Please leave my politics out here:confused:
I've got a fairly new S85D and I'm not buying anything soon. Christian democrats is a type of party that is big in Germany f. inst. but is a minor party in Norway. I didn't capitalize their name as the name is Krf, or Kristlig Folkeparty (Christian Folkparty) which makes no sense without the history of Norwegian parlamentarism as a backdrop. The same way the liberal party is called Venstre (Left) which also makes no sense without the historical context. Hence I've used the description of the parties that they agree with and does a decent description of them the christian democrats in Germany is called CDU/CSU and their politics is similar to our christian democrats in general but in Norway that party might be part of the cabinet and hence their support or not of these new anti-EV taxes are important for this issue. As many European parliaments have many of the same fractions I suggest doing some research on them.

Cobos

Last edited:
I acknowledge the timing is not as critical for tesla, since the market has not gotten nor understood the tesla story and mission-- energy is not as compelling as advertising--that other tech companies' key business model is based on. Example: amazon, about 9 months to a 1 year ago had a bad quarterly result, went down from 360s to 310s. A few quarters later, it is out of sight. Amazon did not have an 'iphone moment' in the past year. Pls correct me about dates and times.

In tesla's case, no one is missing the train, they are missing the rocket ship. While i do look to hold on to equities for years, it is the buying in that feels better at lower entry points.

Currently train moves slowly as the market just doesn't understand stationary storage-- it makes wind and solar useful. It can replace legacy generators- for large companies and large companies' data centers. Last i checked data centers are getting bigger, not smaller. More storage and more energy demand on the grid, can lead to more energy fluctuations. Unless of course, some companies would prefer energy fluctuations propagate to their enterprise systems and backups to save money.

Without humor or excuses I apologize!

@Cobos I formally apologize to you personally.

Thank you. I do try to post useful stuff and I'm not a native speaker but my English should be good enough that it's clearly understood. I dare say this was a case of different way to structure our parties more than any political disagreements.

Cobos

Status
Not open for further replies.