Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is unbelievably unlikely. By now, Tesla likely has built or is close to finishing the pre-beta prototypes to be shown for the final reveal sometime this year. So, why would they build more pre-alpha prototypes. And no way do they let the beta's be seen in public like that. So yeah, they were probably some S's that were looked at an odd angle, or some other car entirely.
Hence my surprise in my response on reddit. OP said he had a dash cam, but that video has since been overwritten. Too bad.

I question it too, but he swears he saw three distinct models on the semi.

I certainly wouldn't consider it guaranteed information, but perhaps they were headed somewhere for testing - all cars on two semis being white seems unusual to me too. could be S/X mules with 3 gear in them.

It wouldn't surprise me if tesla had been sending cars to Ann Arbor for the test track at M City. But considering how similar the 3 and S are I would think that there's no need to test both for AP. I could see the X being different enough on camera positions to need independent testing when're the 3 wouldn't.

Still. I realize Nevada to Michigan is mostly open space but SOMEONE would have taken a picture. My friend who has no interest in tesla take snapshots of tesla carrying semis to send me as he knows I'm obsessed.

It wouldn't surprise me if tesla had been sending cars to Ann Arbor for the test track at M City. But considering how similar the 3 and S are I would think that there's no need to test both for AP. I could see the X being different enough on camera positions to need independent testing when're the 3 wouldn't.

Still. I realize Nevada to Michigan is mostly open space but SOMEONE would have taken a picture. My friend who has no interest in tesla take snapshots of tesla carrying semis to send me as he knows I'm obsessed.
That, and its not like they don't make enclosed trailers. With how good Tesla is at keeping the wraps on things when they want to? Those cars would be moved in enclosed trailers for sure.

That, and its not like they don't make enclosed trailers. With how good Tesla is at keeping the wraps on things when they want to? Those cars would be moved in enclosed trailers for sure.

Yes, but I have to say, the reddit post reminded me of the Model X mule that was spotted on an open trailer. That mule was covered in dirt after some off-road testing

Edit: Here is the link of those spy shots (2 months before signature series delivery): Tesla Model X Spy Shots July 2015 Photo Gallery - Autoblog

• Informative
Reactions: 30seconds and EinSV
This looks like a reboot of the Bulli Concept that VW first revealed at the 2011 Geneva auto show. Like the I.D. Buzz it was to be a BEV remake of the Microbus. I guess the public must not have approved of that one because AFAIK it was never seen again.

Volkswagen Bulli Concept - Auto Shows

They have had about half a dozen Microbus concepts over the last 15 years.

Americans are nostalgic for the Microbus. It seems Europeans and Latin Americans not so much.

Jared Kushner: Trump didn't believe conspiracy theories - CNNPolitics.com

'In a December meeting of business leaders for the Partnership for New York City, Kushner told the crowd he will now take a managerial, not policymaking role, attendees told the magazine. Per the report, Kushner suggested the new administration would take a "rational" position on immigration. He predicted infrastructure investments from roads and bridges to driverless cars, Rice reported.'

Sounds like Trump is on board with autonomous driving.

As I predicted here, the estimated delivery time for Europe for Model S/X quickly moved out from April to May (could be several days ago as I am not checking every day). The rate of incoming European orders seem to be running ahead of the production allocation.
Does a May date imply 2Q16 production? Seems a bit early in the quarter to me. Is this a sign of the end of extreme geo-batching? Geo-batching should have manifested as a jump from a March date directly to a June date, no?

Does a May date imply 2Q16 production? Seems a bit early in the quarter to me. Is this a sign of the end of extreme geo-batching? Geo-batching should have manifested as a jump from a March date directly to a June date, no?

@vgrinshpun will weigh in I'm sure but one data point is that Hong Kong is still showing delivery for March, so I believe combination of high level of orders plus batching is the explanation.

Reactions: vgrinshpun
Jared Kushner: Trump didn't believe conspiracy theories - CNNPolitics.com

'In a December meeting of business leaders for the Partnership for New York City, Kushner told the crowd he will now take a managerial, not policymaking role, attendees told the magazine. Per the report, Kushner suggested the new administration would take a "rational" position on immigration. He predicted infrastructure investments from roads and bridges to driverless cars, Rice reported".

<Snip>
"Back when Trump was spinning birther conspiracy theories, which were lapped up by gullible Republicans, one person who talked to Kushner says he offered assurances that his father-in-law didn't really believe that stuff," the report says.

<Snip>
Kushner, a key adviser to Trump, is expected to play an influential role in the new administration and is reportedly taking steps toward preventing conflicts of interest from his own real estate business dealings. It's unclear whether he and wife Ivanka Trump will hold official positions, but Trump's team is confident that, at a minimum, the President-elect's daughter and son-in-law can act as informal advisers once he's in the White House.
<Snip>
Ivanka Trump's husband was raised in New Jersey, the son of Charles Kushner, who found success in the residential real estate industry. The elder Kushner went to prison for nearly a year in the early 2000s for criminal tax evasion and witness tampering.

Jared Kushner's father may have stoked his political interest at a young age — Charles Kushner was a prominent Democratic donor. When then-Vice President Al Gore attended a fundraiser at the family home, 19-year-old Jared introduced the candidate, one attendee told New York magazine.
<Snip>

It's supposed to be good news that he's a liar instead of delusional?!

Not according to prior history. IMO the key is how fast we move to June. If it takes a week or so, then there is a continued extreme geo-batching, as I speculated in the original post linked above.

I added estimated Model 3 revenue to my spreadsheet based on my assumptions for ASP. 42k USD for base Model S (based on Musk tweet), 48k USD for 70 kWh pack and 63k USD for 80 kWh pack. I've based the ASPs on my thoughts for option pricing, but the numbers are probably low for 2017: Attempting to price out options for Model 3 (Part 2!)

Gigafactory ramp4.png

Gigafactory output spreadsheet.zip

Attachments

• Gigafactory output spreadsheet.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 91
I really miss you guys (just like family) but I have been fighting a urban ground war over on Twitter. Give me a follow at @diggydoy if you want to be bombarded with constant bullish Tesla news and updates. I want to be more annoying than Mark Speigel but on the bull side. I laugh myself into a tizzy everyday with some of the ridiculous stuff I tweet. Kopydunt, Spiegel, BossHoggHazard, Tweetermeyer, Grant Dossetto and Bonaire must really hate me this past $50 dollar run. I am a tad bit relentless.

Gotcha, thanks! Nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.