Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic but has anyone asked if they named them after Babylon 5 ships?

It seems no coincidence that the larger Model S was code named for the Whitestar frigate, while the smaller Model 3 was code named for the Bluestar scout (seen only once in the B5 finale).

Blackstar... was that the Sharlin class cruiser that Sheridan nuked during the Minbari war? I always get that one mixed up with the Tregatti which was the renegade ship.

Market share invites antitrust action not market cap.

Apple is 34% US smart phone market share but about half that world wide.

In the 60's when GM crested past 60% US market share Congress started sniffing around.

Then GM began its long decline to below 17% US market share.

Also, a big anti-trust decision fingering DuPont's connection to GM in the Eisenhower administration if I remember correctly.

Reactions: neroden
Tesla is talking to the music labels about creating its own streaming service

Sounds like this is meant for in-car listening but I wonder if this is one of those things that will make it into Tesla app.

Remember Musk said that there we be a few more things in the app that people are not expecting?

If cars are going to be self-driving it makes sense to want to be the media provider. I'm guessing they'll offer movies and television as well. All streamed via the spacex satellite constellation.

Not sure if it's new, but I had never seen it before :

upload_2017-6-22_21-16-55.png

Off topic:

I was hanging out by the pool today, thinking I don't have to closely follow TSLA since it's showing the shorts a good time on its own. Well, I just walked into a glass door while looking down on my phone. Swallen lip and forehead. Worst of it all: first date in four hours.

What should be my story? Creative answers that'll make my date smile welcome.

"I saw a Tesla on my way, and it knocked me off my feet."

The one with the highest "funny" rating wins.

Last edited:
Off topic:

I was hanging out by the pool today, thinking I don't have to closely follow TSLA since it's showing the shorts a good time on its own. Well, I just walked into a glass door while looking down on my phone. Swallen lip and forehead. Worst of it all: first date in four hours.

What should be my story?

Don't even mention it. Tell the truth if asked.

Reactions: neroden
Off topic:

What should be my story?

How did you hit your lip if you were looking down at your phone? Even if you looked up at the last second wouldn't your nose prevent a forehead/lip double impact?

Status
Not open for further replies.