Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: larmor
Off topic:

I was hanging out by the pool today, thinking I don't have to closely follow TSLA since it's showing the shorts a good time on its own. Well, I just walked into a glass door while looking down on my phone. Swallen lip and forehead. Worst of it all: first date in four hours.

What should be my story? Creative answers that'll make my date smile welcome.

"I saw a Tesla on my way, and it knocked me off my feet."

The one with the highest "funny" rating wins.
I believe the correct answer is "it happened while saving old people, puppies, kittens, and babies from that apartment fire/car crash/meteor strike" or if you want to get weird "my pet tiger love head-butted me too hard". But really just the truth is probably funny enough!

• Funny
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Off topic:

I was hanging out by the pool today, thinking I don't have to closely follow TSLA since it's showing the shorts a good time on its own. Well, I just walked into a glass door while looking down on my phone. Swallen lip and forehead. Worst of it all: first date in four hours.

Sorry all for the OT post but I could not resist.

'You smashed your face deliberately into the glass door when you realized your date was actually Montana Skeptic':eek::eek::mad:

Off topic:

How about "Repeatedly I banged my face into his elbow until he cried for mercy"

• Funny
Reactions: T3slaTulips
My guess is that a lot of these "will-produce" cars will never be produced, because price will not be anything close to that of a Model 3, autonomous features will not be anything close to that of a Model 3, range will not be anything close to that of a Model 3, and so on.

Maybe Audi may make a car that looks better, just priced $10k more, goes 50 miles per charge less, and can't drive itself until 2021.

Maybe Audi will sell 10 of these...

20, if they keep aggressively advertising two years in advance by trolling Elon.
Best case they don't make a nerd car and it's more popular than their ICE cars. It will immediately devalue all ICE stranded assets.

How does the new 2018 Camry hybrid compare to Model 3 in operating costs? Gas in my area is < $3 a gallon.
With 52 mpg, the Camry fuel cost is ~6cents per mile.
2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid first drive
The stupidity of burning gas is my problem with such a car when they can easily switch over and make a BEV. They can pay me $1 a mile and I wouldn't buy such a car. Get through your employer's heads.

Off topic:

Maybe you need autonomous flip-flops. Could be a whole new addressable market for Tesla.

Status
Not open for further replies.