Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could he have been talking about different things in those two articles? That he didn't attend the Model 3 launch on March 31, 2016, but he did attend the delivery event in July, 2017?

I think that's what he meant. Since the launch event was in hawthorne, while the delivery event was in Fremont. He said he was in Hawthorne.

• Helpful
Reactions: JRP3
Alex Roy: The Model 3, both in design and marketing, is beyond genius. It is the car of the next twenty years. Make that fifty. ...

I'd buy one in a heartbeat, and keep it forever. It will be a future classic.

Motor Trend: The Tesla Model 3 is here, and it is the most important vehicle of the century.

Doug DeMuro: "By far the best score yet for a car at this price level."

I agree with Alex Roy -- shorts and haters are wasting their breath.

They should take up a new hobby, go to the mountains or the beach, spend time with their families and friends, read some good books.

This was fascinating. He really loved it...that's my main takeaway.

Someone on Reddit caught this though, and I thought it was interesting:
"I didn’t attend the Tesla Model 3 launch." from here: The Model 3 Is Further Proof of Tesla's Asymmetric War Against the Auto Industry

But now in this article: "The launch event earlier this year where the media got a two-minute ride through a darkened parking lot in Hawthorne? I was there."

I think he meant reveal event vs first production.. he seemed to say he didn't go to the reveal but did go to the event where you could take a ride.

I think that's what he meant. Since the launch event was in hawthorne, while the delivery event was in Fremont. He said he was in Hawthorne.
I wasn't at the delivery event, but believe it was in Fremont. I was at the launch event, that was definitely at Fremont. @DaveT and I traveled from San Diego together for it. It was down the road from the main factory.

• Disagree
Reactions: imherkimer
New solar powered Superchargers with lounge:
First look at Tesla’s new kind of Supercharger with solar arrays and owners lounge

tesla-kettleman-supercharger1.jpg

Cross post from the energy project thread since this may be of general interest: Tesla has been selected to provide a 48 MWh/6MW storage solution to the island of Nantucket, Massachusetts, allowing them to forego installation of an expensive underseas cable. 48 MWh is significant (about 1/3 the size of the South Australia big battery in terms of MWh).

Tesla 48MWh battery eliminates need to build undersea cable in Massachusetts for up to 22 years

This is a really fantastic example of one of the thousands of potential projects like this - just in this country. The world is full of places that have a comparable need and this is a superior solution.

Erdoğan meets Tesla's Musk amid Turkey's domestic car production bid

He noted that an agreement is expected to be signed with Airbus regarding the satellite on Thursday, and Musk's SpaceX is one of the subcontractors of the company.

Erdoğan and Musk's meeting also touched upon new generation batteries, solar energy, wind power, the country's first domestically produced car, as well as measures to overcome traffic congestion in urban cities and more, Kalın said.

"We also exchanged ideas on what projects Tesla, SpaceX and Turkish tech corporations can cooperate on," the spokesperson added.

Erdoğan meets Tesla's Musk amid Turkey's domestic car production bid

He noted that an agreement is expected to be signed with Airbus regarding the satellite on Thursday, and Musk's SpaceX is one of the subcontractors of the company.

Erdoğan and Musk's meeting also touched upon new generation batteries, solar energy, wind power, the country's first domestically produced car, as well as measures to overcome traffic congestion in urban cities and more, Kalın said.

"We also exchanged ideas on what projects Tesla, SpaceX and Turkish tech corporations can cooperate on," the spokesperson added.

Automotive Meetings Bursa Auto Sector is quite robust in turkey too ..

Status
Not open for further replies.