Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also worth noting that factory area where M3 line is located all high bay, with I would guess at least 30ft ceiling. So the picture most likely depicts one level of the production area, which I would guess have two levels now. The portion of the line shown in the picture could be just a transport between the areas where actual assembly is happening. For example, the picture seem to show that interior of the car is installed, but underpinnings are not. So the car could be transported from the area of interior assembly to the area of drivetrain/battery installation.

Yep. Agree. And great observations.

I think your summary is correct, this car is on a conveyor on the Model 3 Gen Assembly Line. Interior has already been installed and the car is nearly complete. It's headed to the final stations where the drive train and battery are installed.

IMO, this is certainly an authorized leak by Tesla Mgmt thru an assembly line worker at Fremont.

What is tesla trying to convey in this picture?

I think they are saying the Gen Assembly Line is running and producing some Model 3s.

Finally, I'd be very careful about assuming that the Gen Assembly Line is producing "lots" of cars. All the evidence suggests this Gen Assembly Line started up mid-month and the rate of cars on the line is probably extremely slow with stops and starts as they validate and calibrate all the assembly stations

All the Model 3 delivered to date were likely produced on the "pilot" line.
The Pilot Line produces a few cars per day.

If TSLA is anywhere in the 300's on Monday, November 13th, 2017, load up on as many January 2020 Leaps as you can.

31 trading days away. So if the shorts want to give me a gift and subsidize my 2020 leap purchases, then please short away!

That'll be an interesting day. I have a lot of short puts expiring November 17th, so if the stock price is really low I'll already have loaded up automatically. If it's only sort of low it'll mean I have a lot of cash free to look at 2020 LEAPs. Good to note on the calendar.

Hi Bob,

What impact do you think that the semi reveal will have on the TSLA SP?

I think the run up to the Semi event should be positive. Then its either a minor sell-the-news or we go to the moon since Elon has warned for a very uncommon "one other thing" with that event. Probably something minor like a refresh on the S/X but it seems equally likely it will be a tease of the new roadster or *maybe* pickup. The one other thing could also be a charging thing, since the trucks will not be pulling into SC stations as we know them. So some new charging magic. Don't know.

But... we are over sold at this point. I think everything will be seen as positive for the next 2-3 weeks so that general bias added on top of the semi event will be potent.

I'm betting big on a relief rally caused by the Australia event. The media seems unaware that it's even happening, and the market will use any excuse for a relief rally after this many down days. It will generate a lot of headlines and that should be enough, even if nothing new is announced.

Or perhaps the 'media' was well aware of the success story about to be unveiled in Australia from the un-valued TE wing of the company....which in combination with the semi unveiling could have easily propelled the stock well over 400 without a silencing of good things in 'the news' with a simultaneous release of completely unfounded BS 'analyst' hit pieces. It is not too tough to imagine that the folks who are spending the kind of money it takes to sell almost 30,000,000 shares of this stock short might also have a little influence on what is released by analysts and 'the news'. At least that's my twisted extrapolation of the displeasure that Elon expressed of the whole situation.

I certainly agree a relief rally is coming as you suggest, but I also think it might rather conveniently be just enough to take us back up to where we just were instead of allowing the stock to blow through 400 into uncharted waters. I agree with many on this board that the grip the MM's have had on the price of this stock and the effect of their FUD continues to slip as the world gains exponentially increasing exposure through instantaneous social media of the great successes Tesla is having.

It would be interesting to know if it was more difficult for those controlling the recent Dark Pool moves to suppress the stock price in this recent effort than it was in the past as the new number of people around the globe following Elon and Tesla grows beyond their control

I think the run up to the Semi event should be positive. Then its either a minor sell-the-news or we go to the moon since Elon has warned for a very uncommon "one other thing" with that event. Probably something minor like a refresh on the S/X but it seems equally likely it will be a tease of the new roadster or *maybe* pickup. The one other thing could also be a charging thing, since the trucks will not be pulling into SC stations as we know them. So some new charging magic. Don't know.

But... we are over sold at this point. I think everything will be seen as positive for the next 2-3 weeks so that general bias added on top of the semi event will be potent.

I initially thought the semi event would be a good "buy the rumor, sell the news" type of event, but given the past week's market action on absolutely nothing, I think an upside move is more possible. Unless of course Q3 deliveries drives the price up to $450 (one can dream).

Reactions: neroden
I initially thought the semi event would be a good "buy the rumor, sell the news" type of event, but given the past week's market action on absolutely nothing, I think an upside move is more possible. Unless of course Q3 deliveries drives the price up to $450 (one can dream).
As quickly as this stock is gaining and losing 10-15%, it will almost certainly depend upon the market action leading up.

Reactions: neroden
Just catching up. May have already been posted.

I suspect the picture of the '3' on the general assembly line (I believe that is what we are seeing) is the first car coming off the line and the photo was purposely leaked. I would suspect there are a bunch more pictures that were not leaked. Just one person's opinion.

@DragonWatch: Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the break in. Drive safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.