Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 251673 Special shout out to the photo editor CNBC uses for their online article who also thinks Goldman analyst is a dumbass. Check out the pic he/she used for this article

I actually think that the intent was to poke Elon, but the thing cut both ways. The irony is eye-watering, to borrow a word often used by one bypolar Tesla analyst who is widely known for being the smartest ass in the room.

Nice catch - thank you for the hearty morning laugh.

Reactions: Skryll
In fairness, I'm watching at the 75kWh end of the spectrum, there may be some P100D that are getting more heavily discounted, but they've also got a lot more margin in them.

Do not just 'watch'. The best deals do NOT appear on the website (well, they do, but they are not linked and not picked up by the traditional aggregators). You need to actively work with a sales associate to search the internal database. But in fairness, this is absolutely the worst period in terms of deals on brand spanking new inventory with the quarter just over. The best you can hope for on a 75D car that has not been driven and not used as a loaner is about 3k. For example [URL="Model S 75D 5YJSA7E20HF213035 | Tesla Norge"]213025[/URL] is some 30k NOK off, which would be around $3-$4k. Obviously straight of the boat and never been driven. Work with your OA to find a car that's regionally relevant for you. Example car is not listed on the main website nor is it picked up by traditional aggregators like ev-cpo.com as are many others in nearly all regions with Tesla representation. The only way to know about this car is to scrape the Tesla website yourself or ask a sales associate (preferably one who is willing to do the work...) Watch some of the threads on the S/X forum by the end of the next quarter and hope for some fine deals to show up as well. Alternatively accept a model that's been binned. For exampe some of the discontinued 75S Models may fetch a slightly higher discount. Good luck!

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: MitchJi and neroden
Do not just 'watch'. The best deals do NOT appear on the website (well, they do, but they are not linked and not picked up by the traditional aggregators). You need to actively work with a sales associate to search the internal database. But in fairness, this is absolutely the worst period in terms of deals on brand spanking new inventory with the quarter just over. The best you can hope for on a 75D car that has not been driven and not used as a loaner is about 3k. For example [URL="Model S 75D 5YJSA7E20HF213035 | Tesla Norge"]213025[/URL] is some 30k NOK off, which would be around $3-$4k. Obviously straight of the boat and never been driven. Work with your OA to find a car that's regionally relevant for you. Example car is not listed on the main website nor is it picked up by traditional aggregators like ev-cpo.com as are many others in nearly all regions with Tesla representation. The only way to know about this car is to scrape the Tesla website yourself or ask a sales associate (preferably one who is willing to do the work...) Watch some of the threads on the S/X forum by the end of the next quarter and hope for some fine deals to show up as well. Alternatively accept a model that's been binned. For exampe some of the discontinued 75S Models may fetch a slightly higher discount. Good luck!
I do know this. But the ones that are not listed as you say are relatively few. I don't think they're causing big impacts to overall margin because they comprise a fairly small fraction of the total sales.

For me personally, I'm not in a huge rush. At this point, I'm strongly tempted to wait until Oct 26-31, because I think we're going to get a refreshed S unveiled at the Semi event, and for 5 days I might be able to buy it with a referral discount.

SP is rising, where the hell is everyone?
In the old days I would be documenting every new dollar level with a post :)
But now I'm more cautious because I know the stock can fall back.
That said... TSLA is at $356 which is $25 more than yesterday's low - congratulations if you caught the falling knife at $331.
I feel better about saying $330 provides some sort of support level... that good enough for you?

Reactions: FredTMC
Status
Not open for further replies.