Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm saddened that I ordered a few days beforehand (3/10) and still don't have a production date. Hopefully will find out soon, but waiting is testing my patience. :)

Trust me on this. You will NOT be saddened about your order timing when you get the car and see the recent line improvements. Some will be visible and some won't, but there are recent parts substitutions to "improve" reliability over previous parts. As you know, with ALL manufacturers, this is an ongoing process. I'll say your order timing is pretty good, unless you are hell-bent on wanting the gloss seat backs (which you will not get), but you should be happy when it arrives. Take some tranquilizers. :D

Order confirmed, super excited!

Confirmed 4/21
Vin via MyTesla on 4/21 5YJXCBE21HF048XXX
MX 75D
Solid Black
White 6 Seat Interior
22" Black Wheels
PUP
EAP
Tow
Estimated May - Early June via MyTesla

Delivery will be to Tempe, AZ

--------
***Quick update here***

Spoke to my DS earlier today, and he confirmed that our MX will go into production next week, and he anticipates a delivery of 5/20, or thereabouts. He was confident enough that it will be no later than 25 days max, and had me go ahead and move forward with the final approvals on the financing piece of our transaction. Seems pretty incredible to me that they're able to deliver only 4 weeks after order confirmation. Hopefully this info helps some others triangulate in on timing.

@gtmike, you don't have to confirm this, but I'll say your vin's 3rd digit is likely a "4" (454) or possibly a 5 (455). Knowing only your location and no other details about your car, I'd say you go into production around 5/10 (+- few days) if no unforeseen delays. Do you care to give more details about your configuration? I can't comment on your battery change "guess" with regard to price changes ;)

My VIN is a 456XX, and on the higher end of that spectrum. 100D six-seater, Pearl White, black leather seats, EAP, non-PUP. I got word today that my car is now in production!!

Trust me on this. You will NOT be saddened about your order timing when you get the car and see the recent line improvements. Some will be visible and some won't, but there are recent parts substitutions to "improve" reliability over previous parts. As you know, with ALL manufacturers, this is an ongoing process. I'll say your order timing is pretty good, unless you are hell-bent on wanting the gloss seat backs (which you will not get), but you should be happy when it arrives. Take some tranquilizers. :D

Super happy to hear this. Thanks!

MyTesla has been showing "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from our Fremont factory to the port within the United States" (but in dutch: "Uw Tesla is klaar en wordt van de fabriek in Fremont vervoerd naar de haven in de Verenigde Staten.") for over two weeks now. Is this to be expected or did, for instance, scanning the label when the car went on the ship go wrong?

I'm awaiting an MS60D, ordered feb. 8th 2017, VIN 188XXX , destination: Netherlands. Estimated delivery range on MyTesla: May - Early June. The leasecompany tells me to expect it in the week of may 15th but I'm kind of convinced this is not realistic and I figure myself beginning of june is more likely (however: any earlier would ofcourse be sweet!)

Has everyone who has received their car had an announcement on MyTesla saying that their car was in transit?

My MyTesla says: "Estimated Delivery Range: April 29, 2017 - May 13, 2017." We are now into that timeframe and it has never said that my car is in transit.

MyTesla has been showing "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from our Fremont factory to the port within the United States" (but in dutch: "Uw Tesla is klaar en wordt van de fabriek in Fremont vervoerd naar de haven in de Verenigde Staten.") for over two weeks now. Is this to be expected or did, for instance, scanning the label when the car went on the ship go wrong?

I'm awaiting an MS60D, ordered feb. 8th 2017, VIN 188XXX , destination: Netherlands. Estimated delivery range on MyTesla: May - Early June. The leasecompany tells me to expect it in the week of may 15th but I'm kind of convinced this is not realistic and I figure myself beginning of june is more likely (however: any earlier would ofcourse be sweet!)

It's as if the devil is playing with it; not an hour later my Tesla DS phones me to tell me (and assure me) my baby is on the boat and expected to be delivered 3rd or 4th week of may (e.g. second half of may). YAY!

Has everyone who has received their car had an announcement on MyTesla saying that their car was in transit?

My MyTesla says: "Estimated Delivery Range: April 29, 2017 - May 13, 2017." We are now into that timeframe and it has never said that my car is in transit.

Uh, I think I vaguely recall seeing a message saying it was being delivered, but actually, I didn't login to My Tesla unless I would get an email or call to say I needed to complete something. I just had a friend at the factory tell me what was going on with it. Oh, and when mine was done, I was in the bay area at the time, so I picked it up there.

• Helpful
Reactions: JHWJR