Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I once encountered this issue on version 24.8. never happened again. got 28.1 yesterday evening.

I am on the phone with Tesla and they are working on it. Puzzling to them as well as the car continuously cycles between charging for a short time to charging complete. Tried scroll wheel and touchscreen reboot with no change. Even changed charging stations (regular 1772) with no change.

They have not been able to figure it out and are escalating the issue as they had not heard this one before.

Just received 2018.28.2

FD48EEF6-CE34-48DD-8585-0FB5820D2BFF.jpeg 9CB3537C-A2FA-4E14-B8E3-42200B403FBC.jpeg

i

I hope you're correct about the boost.
On another note, prior to 28.1, I couldn't disconnect the charger from the car unless I unlock one of the doors.
This morning, I just press the button on the wand and the charging indicator turned blue and was able to unplug without opening one of the doors.
anyone else encountered this?
I noticed this after going to 26.3...but thought it was just related to the car going to sleep (changed the power saver settings in TeslaFi to minimize vampire drain around the same time as getting 26.3). It's pretty annoying to have to unlock the car first, so I hope 28.1 really fixes this (I'm still on 26.3).

received 28.1 today. anxiously waiting for 2018.29!

Also the car feels faster now with 28.1!

anyone else experience this?

I was thinking this today after getting it too! But I wasn't sure if it was just in my head. My battery was also low (about 30%) so tomorrow with a full battery will be the real test. If true it may just be that they adjusted the acceleration curve so the lower end has a bit more juice.

i

I hope you're correct about the boost.
On another note, prior to 28.1, I couldn't disconnect the charger from the car unless I unlock one of the doors.
This morning, I just press the button on the wand and the charging indicator turned blue and was able to unplug without opening one of the doors.
anyone else encountered this?

On 21.9, I had about an 80% success rate disconnecting the charger without unlocking the doors. (100% if the car was pre-conditioning). With 28.1, I am at 100% success rate (although sample size is 1).

So first charge since 28.1 installed this morning and I am seeing one message saying that charging had finished and many consecutive messages that the car had started charging:

1 at 2:34 PM - finished
1 at 2:35 PM - started
1 at 2:36 PM
1 at 2:39 PM
1 at 2:42 PM
1 at 2:43 PM
1 at 2:44 PM
1 at 2:44 PM

All messages on my iPhone 6s Plus. Anyone else seeing this?

Ugh, I actually had 26.2 and had this happen all the time. Car kept starting and stopping charging like every minute when it hit the max charge I set it at. Called support and they saw the same so they forced an update to the car... 28.2. Looks like the update didn’t fix the issue. :( let us know if you hear anything else! I’ll post back if .2 fixes it.

Reactions: 9erDog
Ugh, I actually had 26.2 and had this happen all the time. Car kept starting and stopping charging like every minute when it hit the max charge I set it at. Called support and they saw the same so they forced an update to the car... 28.2. Looks like the update didn’t fix the issue. :( let us know if you hear anything else! I’ll post back if .2 fixes it.

Maybe the BMS (battery management system) boot loader update fixes this? Worth another call to Tesla support or your local service center. Ask them if your Model 3 needs that particular update and if they think that may fix the issue you’re experiencing.

• Informative
Reactions: 9erDog
Maybe the BMS (battery management system) boot loader update fixes this? Worth another call to Tesla support or your local service center. Ask them if your Model 3 needs that particular update and if they think that may fix the issue you’re experiencing.

Thanks! Saw the posts about it but didn’t even put two and two together. Will def ask them if it happens again!