Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.7 a3159ea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're an optimist, I guess

That's how "fake news/facts" are born - someone in another thread threw an idea out there if maybe odd numbers are beta and that thought was based just on 2 (TWO) data points. TWO!!!!!!!!!
"You're an optimist". In this case I am just going by the pattern of the past year. Pretty easy to verify via TeslaFI that we have been getting a New Firmware about every two "even numbered" weeks for a long time. The ODD number Weeks Release is very new. And I was just reporting that what someone else was reporting (not fake new on my part since I was clear). I did not simply say it was a fact. But clearly the even weeks firmware release is common knowledge. Right?

Reactions: ABC2D
You're an optimist, I guess

That's how "fake news/facts" are born - someone in another thread threw an idea out there if maybe odd numbers are beta and that thought was based just on 2 (TWO) data points. TWO!!!!!!!!!
No it is not. I clearly said someone else on this forum reported. I did not say Tesla said. Right? That allows you to do your own research if you disagree with what has been reported if it is something of interest. I.E. I am not the expert on what is reported. Using the phrase "fake news/facts" in what I was posting is going too far but my guess is you are the one trying to misrepresent what is being discussed for whatever reason.

Odd numbers are beta / alpha releases... This is known, and it's not based on 2 data points I assure you.
Certainly, a LOT more even release.

ev-fw.com/reports data for 17-18 -- yellow is % of MAX installs (hence 2017.50.2 had 892 and is 100%)
lnUctiv.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: BLKTSLA and ABC2D
Odd numbers are beta / alpha releases... This is known, and it's not based on 2 data points I assure you.

I had to google alpha and beta releases so be patient please.

I can’t remember the last time my car had an even release number. Does that mean for some reason I’m in perpetual alpha/beta?

Is it tied to something? For example, I have a EAP AP2 so will it always be a beta release due to the beta message from enabling auto lane change?

I had to google alpha and beta releases so be patient please.

I can’t remember the last time my car had an even release number. Does that mean for some reason I’m in perpetual alpha/beta?

Is it tied to something? For example, I have a EAP AP2 so will it always be a beta release due to the beta message from enabling auto lane change?

What's your current software version?

To copy the info I posted in the 'other' thread in the S forum (where most people seem to look, since we have to have several copies of these...), the two cars we have info on that got 2018.7 also had 2018.5 before. Seems to imply they are 'beta, test, whatever' cars.

Also interesting that some of these people don't sign up for such plebeian entertainments as ev-fw.com. Maybe that is in the NDA? Who knows? As I said elsewhere, the first rule of NDA is N.

:D