Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.7 a3159ea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did I misunderstand? I though .1 = odd. Or is it based on the 2nd number?
2018 = year
6 = week of year - EVEN
1 = a dot change to the week version

Look here to see all of the past versions.
http://firmware.teslafi.com

i.E. 2017.50.n was the prior Major roll out. and 50 = even week of 2017.

They skipped 2017.52.

Then it was 2018.2 for week 2 in 2018 and then 2018.4 and 2018.6 and NEXT is 2018.8.

You can also see the ODD Weeks of 2018.5 and 2018.7 which some are saying is a SPECIAL BETA TEST Version that only a very few are getting.

Yeah I’m still getting that hugging the line stuff happening.

In general though, I’m antsy for EAP. It’s March now and getting close to end of Q1. I would imagine any week now.

Yeah, ditto.

I was updated this morning to 6.1 and during my morning commute, the car hugged left so hard the proc sensors were dark red on the car in the lane next to me. I had to take control of the vehicle. Despite knowing how close it was to another object, the car still hugged way left, and even the binacle showed the car to be far left.

While changing lanes is far better, as others have indicated, this particular incident was the closest I've ever come to an collision while utilizing EAP. Luckily I was very engaged. Hopefully this release addresses this issue, it seems to be pretty widely observed .

Reactions: MelaniainLA
To copy the info I posted in the 'other' thread in the S forum (where most people seem to look, since we have to have several copies of these...), the two cars we have info on that got 2018.7 also had 2018.5 before. Seems to imply they are 'beta, test, whatever' cars.

Also interesting that some of these people don't sign up for such plebeian entertainments as ev-fw.com. Maybe that is in the NDA? Who knows? As I said elsewhere, the first rule of NDA is N.

:D

NDA that allows them to report the software on a platform like teslafi?

NDA that allows them to report the software on a platform like teslafi?
Good point but TeslaFi may be allowed for statistical purposes. It’s interesting that there are virtually no reports of ‘odd’ releases on ev-fw.com and we have these two on TeslaFi. Or it could be two new beta program members that were in TeslaFi before and didn’t remove themselves!

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
Yeah, ditto.

I was updated this morning to 6.1 and during my morning commute, the car hugged left so hard the proc sensors were dark red on the car in the lane next to me. I had to take control of the vehicle. Despite knowing how close it was to another object, the car still hugged way left, and even the binacle showed the car to be far left.

While changing lanes is far better, as others have indicated, this particular incident was the closest I've ever come to an collision while utilizing EAP. Luckily I was very engaged. Hopefully this release addresses this issue, it seems to be pretty widely observed .

I have not noticed any hugging when there are lane markings. Only time I notice it is when on a curve or only on side of the lane had good markings. Maybe I just don't notice it but I have never had the car drive with red ultrasonic sensors. I even noticed my car would adjust to cars that where to close to my lane, maybe I'm crazy. I don't drive a lot on the freeway so my experience is not the best. My experience is that freeway driving is nearly flawless. Good weather or bad. Maybe I'm just not that sensitive to the cars location in the lane.

The is almost always due to losing WiFi or cellular connection during the download. Try it again. If in the garage and your car is not connected to WiFi then pull the car outside the garage to get a slightly better cellular signal.

I thought the update didn't even start until the file was fully downloaded. And surely they are doing an integrity check on the download before starting.