Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12.1 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't received the latest version yet. Hoping that the "minor bug fixes" listed in 2019.12 takes care of the screen going blank at least once a day, as well as improved AP performance?

I'm on 2019.8.6, and although I'm a very positive Tesla-loving person... I have to say this was the worst update to date. Everything is SO glitchy now! AP acts "scared" and randomly 'taps the brake', or just flat slooowwsss down on the freeway. Can't wait for that to be fixed!

And to have the MCU go black whilst driving is disheartening, to say the least. Thankfully the car still drives, but it makes one a bit nervous.

Hurry and send me .12!!! :D

Interesting. Does it also have dash cam recording? I don't see how sentry is available but not dash cam.
The manual points you to set up a USB drive referring to the Dashcam procedures. I am not sure on the dashcam functionality. I'll see a bit later.
20190426_160237.jpg
20190426_160840.jpg
20190426_161534.jpg

Reactions: TechVP and Ryshaw
75Ds will not be able to get a good bump in supercharging speeds as those cars come with a charger that maxes out at 48A, this is also why it maxes out at ~100kW.

The 100D and P100D max out at 72A.

The real winners are the guys who bought the "dual charger" setup way back when.

That has absolutely nothing to do with supercharging. 48 amps or 72 amps is AC (home charging) and supercharging is DC. :rolleyes:

The Electrek article says: "The automaker says that it will continue to validate other versions of its vehicles in order for them to also achieve a higher charge rate."

Is it because of the difference voltages between the 75 & 100 packs?

Yes and no. It is about the pack having fewer cells, and each cell can take a maximum charge rate of x. So the more cells you have the higher your maximum possible charge rate.

Since Tesla reduced the number of cells in series the voltage went down. But they could have reduced the numbers of cells in parallel, keeping the voltage the same, but it would still have a reduced maximum charge rate.

Is it because of the difference voltages between the 75 & 100 packs?

Only Tesla knows what changes they have made to things from week to week. This could be to the battery, cables, cooling, chemistry etc. And when did they start making these changes? They surprise us all the time. ;)

Those of us with the 75 and others will have to wait and see unfortunately.

Last edited:
Installed 2019.12.1 this morning, from 2019.8.5. Model X 100D AP2.0/MCU1.

Tried a Sentry mode recording, but all files come out as 1k size, no info. Same as before, so the .1 didn't fix that. Sentry does activate though.
My observations is that the car identifies usb drive and may be recording. But, there is no way to remove the usb drive without corrupting it. Us AP2.0 folks do not have the dashcam icon to pause the access to the drive in order to remove. I am getting folders with timestamps of recording activation and get the same 1k file issue you are see. When accessing via PC, it says the drive is corrupted.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Can confirm the same as others above. HW2,MCU1 and my Release Notes are the same as the original poster EXCEPT I don’t see the Dashcam or Web Browser sections.

But I do have Sentry Mode, which is a nice surprise. I will try to plug in a USB3 formatted to FAT32 tomorrow but I think rush is right that pulling the drive results in corruption because we can’t pause the Tesla from writing to the USB.