Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12.1 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering if this update is being pulled because it's buggy. I just picked up my MX from the service center, and it was not updated to 12.1. Usually, at service time, they push the latest firmware.
Still coming down today.
MeeEjtC.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: polymathic
Barely moved all day. Was 9 this AM and now it’s 10. Installs today are leftovers from yesterday. They are clearly slowing this one down.

1 today, 10 was final number yesterday....rollout has definitely ground to a halt.

btw: I should add a significant increase in phantom breaking due to road shadows on this revision. Not a fan of this update.

Last edited:
Got 2019.12.1 two days ago (Model X 100D MCU1, AP2.5). Release said I got on-route battery warm up along with the the new 150kW max charge rate.

I’ve selected supercharger destination on nav, and supercharged yesterday from 50% to 80%, goes up to 112 kW, took only 15 min. Usually charging around that range takes much longer, usually around 30min, at lower rate. Need to test it again at lower SOC someday to see if the 150kW + battery warm-up feature = 50% faster.

The new faster supercharging is great. But I'm wondering what will happen on old superchargers that are still paired. Now the first car will be able to use most of the available juice for most of its charging time. This will be annoying at busy superchargers if you are the second arrival.

I know that both total charging capacity at existing superchargers will be going up, and average charge times will be going down, which is great - but still, plugging in at a SC and getting <20kw for 15 or 20 minutes is not going to be fun when you are expecting 100.

Does anyone know if there are plans to unpair existing SCs?

I know that both total charging capacity at existing superchargers will be going up, and average charge times will be going down, which is great - but still, plugging in at a SC and getting <20kw for 15 or 20 minutes is not going to be fun when you are expecting 100.

Well you shouldn't be expecting 100kW if you are plugging in to a paired stall... Also, I thought the minimum you could get was 30kW, or was it 40?

Does anyone know if there are plans to unpair existing SCs?

Only if the site is upgraded to V3. Which it sounds like they aren't planning to do.

My X only had 2019.12.1 since Thursday night. Tesla just pushed 2919.12.1.1 to me just now. The release notes appear to be unchanged. This release worked well for me so far other than sounding the running a red light alarm when I went through a blinking yellow interchange with crosswalk. Maybe it thinks I was driving in Canada instead of in the States. Supercharging worked well yesterday, my 75D started at 95Kw for a change.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and Bacalao
My X only had 2019.12.1 since Thursday night. Tesla just pushed 2919.12.1.1 to me just now. The release notes appear to be unchanged. This release worked well for me so far other than sounding the running a red light alarm when I went through a blinking yellow interchange with crosswalk. Maybe it thinks I was driving in Canada instead of in the States. Supercharging worked well yesterday, my 75D started at 95Kw for a change.
Did it go higher than 95kw?

• Helpful
Reactions: B-Bob