Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My vin finished 440***. Does this mean anything tho, can we figure anything out from it?

I've put it into some of the VIN checkers online and some rerognise it's a Tesla but no further details. Some say not recognised at all. My batch was registered 24th July so yours must be even earlier.

5YJ3F7EA0KF475***

BTW, for the purpose of the spread sheet, when I say "update text" I don't mean delivery window. I mean the one with no updates whatsoever that everyone got.

As I've had no communication at all from Tesla for over a month and a hidden VIN 4718xx for longer than a month, I decided to go to West Drayton today and try and find out what's happening.

The conversation went like this:

Me - Can you tell me anything about where my car is?
Tesla Rep - It's in transit

Me - How long before it gets here?
Tesla Rep - Don't know

Me - Why have people with no reservation got their car already and as a day 1 reservation holder I haven't?
Tesla Rep - Don't know. VINs have been getting reallocated for various reasons

Me - Can you give me any idea at all when it's likely to be in the UK at least?
Tesla Rep - No

Me - Do you know why I've had 3 different hidden VINs so far but no delivery window?
Tesla Rep - Don't know

Me - It seems the whole allocation and delivery process is quite random.
Tesla Rep - Yes, it is

Me - Do you know why people are getting texts such as the one yesterday, but I've had nothing since early July?
Tesla Rep - Don't know

So not much help at all.

Please don't tell me "it will be worth it when it finally arrives" as I'm sick of hearing that phrase now.

I still can't edit the sheet ! But I have a delivery date and time - 27th August 15:00 Edinburgh. I had cancelled my work trip for the 20th (original delivery date) but completely unexpectedly a work emergency took place and I had to travel anyway and wasn't able to tell them until after I was able to see the car in the app. After they ignored my emails for 2 days I sent another and they pretty much immediately phoned me back to reschedule for the 27th. So all in all result - ferry booked, insurance organised (they told me the registration on the phone) - so I have a unicorn white SR+ (with price reduction after the order) and 19" wheels.

Its funny how all your grumpiness and angst melts away as soon as you have a realistic delivery date. Still - I wont linger in the service centre, they will hear a screech of tyres !

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
good stuff - there is the whole random nature of the system in a nutshell.

Exact same car as you - same pickup place (Edinburgh)

I ordered 8th August versus your 16th July.
I got final invoice last week (number 13000) but a scheduled delivery of 25th September versus your 7000's invoice number and 30th September.

Just sums up the totally random nature of the process.

i have a suspicion that changing my payment method from PCP to cash (EST) may have hastened it.
when i got through to edinburgh they repeatedly checked that i was ready to pay.

i guess it makes sense. a nice cash payment. easy peasy. perhaps blackhorse is slow too and not arranging payments quickly enough. who knows

gotta say too, the tesla staff in edinburgh are really friendly

SR+
Blue
18" Aero
Black
AP
No Tow
No Res
22/7/19
Stockport
PCP
No Trade
No VIN
No Final Invoice
No Del Est
No Del

It took nearly 3 weeks for confirmation of my finance and I only got that when I phoned. Account now says they're drafting contracts. I'm assuming I'm at that the back of the queue as a result.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
I have just received the delivery email for 15 Aug. This despite me advising them that I would be out of the country 13-25 Aug and having a delivery window of 26 Aug - 2 Sep. Looks like some lucky person is going to jump the queue and I am getting knocked back.

Except that they are not. I emailed them back to remind them that I had already advised them of my holiday dates.

14 Aug I got a new collection date of 26 Aug with the VRN. I emailed them back to remind them that it was a bank holiday and that I needed a couple of working days to sort out payment and insurance. Suggested 29 or 30 Aug.

Later on 14 Aug I got a new collection date of 29 Aug which I accepted.

This means that Tesla will have kept my car at Heathrow for at least 2 weeks without allocating it to someone else which is not what I expected to happen. Happy days!

@RjbT3 picked mine up Thursday 22nd

Hope you get yours soon! You been waiting too long

Also a spreadsheet question: would it benefit anyone to have problems after delivery columns in the spreadsheet? Would be interesting to see how wide spread paint, miss fitting panels and others problems are?

Status
Not open for further replies.