Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same problem with Autopilot trying to get over to the slower right lanes too early, miles before my exit, and I’m on 2019.28.3.1.

Also, AP demanded I take control right after I ran a red light, like it was programmed to get the driver’s attention in case they’re not mentally engaged. This is interesting because I understood red light detection isn’t officially a feature until v10 comes out. But I haven’t ruled out other disengagement triggers. It dislikes roundabouts and poorly marked intersections. Has anybody else observed apparent red light awareness in simple well marked intersections? Sorry but I’m not willing to run more red lights to test the idea.

Yes, even running a late yellow will get this reaction. We have some lights here that go to a flashing yellow, it will trigger the “hey, take over” alert and show a small traffic light on the screen mine has done this for a few versions

I believe it started with this update....When connected to Bluetooth and streaming music through phone, the volume control is now directly controlling the volume of my phone. This is very annoying as the volume jumps are huge and incredibly laggy with each click of the wheel. I have always just set the phone at 100% volume and then controlled volume in car. OG PIxel XL. Anybody else have this issue?

I believe it started with this update....When connected to Bluetooth and streaming music through phone, the volume control is now directly controlling the volume of my phone. This is very annoying as the volume jumps are huge and incredibly laggy with each click of the wheel. I have always just set the phone at 100% volume and then controlled volume in car. OG PIxel XL. Anybody else have this issue?

No issues with the volume sync, in fact it's so much better because before I had to always raise the volume on my phone now it's synced instantly.

I have an Androud OnePlus 7 Pro. No issues.

Did you make an appointment or did you call Tesla support?

Ive been stuck on 20.4.4 for almost month and half.

I contacted support online .. got an email saying (obscurely) they had "canceled my last update to facilitate the next update" ... then 24 hours later the car did indeed update. My guess is behind the non-explanation was something got wedged and they unstuck it at download HQ.

--Tim

The phone-as-key issue with this build is really irritating. I'd guess it's a 50% failure rate. I got the car on 7/22 and it worked perfectly up to 2019.28.3.1. There is definitely something wrong with this build. I see on my iPhone 6 that the Tesla app updated on 08/17 but I believe that was a few days before 2019.28.3.1 was installed on my car.

The phone-as-key issue with this build is really irritating. I'd guess it's a 50% failure rate. I got the car on 7/22 and it worked perfectly up to 2019.28.3.1. There is definitely something wrong with this build. I see on my iPhone 6 that the Tesla app updated on 08/17 but I believe that was a few days before 2019.28.3.1 was installed on my car.

iPhone 6? There’s your problem.

Reactions: ForumLeech

I’ve had a couple failures now with this new release also. I’ve never had previous failures since 12/2018 until this release.

Is the notification for on route battery warming gone in this version? I supercharged twice over the weekend each time with the SC in the navigation path and didn't get it. It was cooler than when I did get this under 24.x so I don't think it was already as warm as it needed to be. Maybe they fine tuned the warming so it is only warm enough? Aka no need to warm more for a v2 charger.

The problem is in the latest iPhone Tesla app, not the car's firmware. After reading a few bug reports on the updated iPhone Tesla app, I skipped the update. So I'm using firmware version 28.3.1 with the old iPhone app on my iPhone 6s with zero problems.

this is a problem with "absolute volume" in bluetooth settings. in order to disable this feature, you need to go in to the developer menu and disable it. I am also on a Pixel XL and the recent software change gave me the same issues.

i have three different BT headsets and none of them have the volume jump the car does. it goes from quiet to loud after one click.

disable the control, keep your BT volume at 100% on your phone and never look back.

This is nearly the only firmware version (2019.28.3.1) (or maybe app version, which I don't have) that has worked perfectly for my wife's Note 5 phone. Only a week so far, and I told her to quit jinxing it by saying how nicely it's been working.

this is a problem with "absolute volume" in bluetooth settings. in order to disable this feature, you need to go in to the developer menu and disable it. I am also on a Pixel XL and the recent software change gave me the same issues.

i have three different BT headsets and none of them have the volume jump the car does. it goes from quiet to loud after one click.

disable the control, keep your BT volume at 100% on your phone and never look back.
Brilliant! This worked like a charm. Thanks. Now I can go back to setting a task of putting volume to 100% when it connects to the car bluetooth.

2019.32 is out. I just installed and Teslafi is also reporting nearly 100 downloads so far today. Time to move the discussion over to the 2019.32.x.x thread!

2019.32.x.x comments and experiences

32 1.jpg
32.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like the latest update made AP more aggressive with stopping distance.

Prior it seemed like when it detected stopped vehicles in front it would use mainly regen to come to a stop.. now it seems like the deceleration is a lot faster and it waits longer to stop.... anyone else notice that?
Mine seemed to wait too long to start braking for stopped cars but I’m just one sample.