Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new “feature” is that TACC can be set anywhere from -0- and above now. Previously it was only available at 18mph and above

D2F6EAD0-83C4-47B4-A9EA-CE5A07D01D35.jpeg
D53A8DD3-A2B2-4D61-94FB-DD69EEAD4911.jpeg
2ACB7046-A175-41AD-9BC8-75E09F76806C.jpeg

Installed yesterday, 2018 Model 3. FSD purchased but not installed yet. Lane changes using stalk immediate. Wipers more sensitive to light rain and wipe more often in steady rain. One thing I noticed after drive #1 the Nav voice got muted. Unmuted it. Drive #2 Nav voice muted again. Not a good thing. Overall, nice update. We've had plenty of rain in Arizona to test wipers.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Got to do a ~250 mi drive that I frequent. Coming from 2019.36.2.1. Some observations:

1) Auto lane changes initiate very quickly. Most of the time the car was starting to move on the first blink. That's a pretty welcome change. But...sometimes the lateral movement was a bit more aggressive then I'd normally do. A couple of times I think it was way too aggressive on lateral movement, I actually disengaged steering to stop it from looking like I was a mad man.
2) Large trucks/tractor trailers are displayed in the IC as a single vehicle most of the time. Previously, I would see double vehicles a lot.
3) TACC is a bit more jumpy/aggressive.
4) Steering seems to have regressed in terms of smoothness. Sometimes I'm getting a fair amount of wandering due to bad steering for curves, and even on straightaways. But at the same time, on average it seems to be able to handle higher road curvature better.
5) The move over for large vehicle behavior is a damn nightmare at times. A freakin Jeep can pass me and AS is swerving like a scared drunk. Had at least a dozen occasions where the truck was two lanes over and the behavior kicked in. Really annoying.

Looking forward to some rain to see if auto wipers are any better.

• Informative
Got to do a ~250 mi drive that I frequent. Coming from 2019.36.2.1. Some observations:

1) Auto lane changes initiate very quickly. Most of the time the car was starting to move on the first blink. That's a pretty welcome change. But...sometimes the lateral movement was a bit more aggressive then I'd normally do. A couple of times I think it was way too aggressive on lateral movement, I actually disengaged steering to stop it from looking like I was a mad man.
2) Large trucks/tractor trailers are displayed in the IC as a single vehicle most of the time. Previously, I would see double vehicles a lot.
3) TACC is a bit more jumpy/aggressive.
4) Steering seems to have regressed in terms of smoothness. Sometimes I'm getting a fair amount of wandering due to bad steering for curves, and even on straightaways. But at the same time, on average it seems to be able to handle higher road curvature better.
5) The move over for large vehicle behavior is a damn nightmare at times. A freakin Jeep can pass me and AS is swerving like a scared drunk. Had at least a dozen occasions where the truck was two lanes over and the behavior kicked in. Really annoying.

Looking forward to some rain to see if auto wipers are any better.

1) Was it on NoA or manual lane changes?

• Informative
I would also like to remind people to stop filling the threads with reminders to stop filling the threads with "I’m installing the update, when I get home I’ll test it, mine failed, haven’t tested, screen shot if it downloading". Also, I'd like to say.......I haven't gotten the update yet. I'll try to post a screenshot when I do.....

Last edited:
1) Was it on NoA or manual lane changes?

NoA mostly (maybe all, I can't remember). I tried to do some lane changes today, but I'm having a new issue. Getting a warning that autopilot cameras unavailable, though I can still engage autopilot and see objects in the IC. But when I try to lane change it says camera view is restricted and auto lane change is not available. And IC only shows objects ahead, nothing to sides and behind. Hmm...might have to contact service.

Good news is that today it was raining (lightly) and the new auto wipers are definitely better. I still had to manually swipe from time to time, mostly from mist kicked up by other cars. So it still needs improvement, but it's much closer to a real auto wiper that just works.

Please stop filling this thread with, I’m installing the update, when I get home I’ll test it, mine failed, haven’t tested, screen shot if it downloading. Post useful information so we can cut down on the amount of scrolling. Thank you
@Plastic6, you are wasting you time asking for people to stop spamming us with useless messages. I have sent many messages asking for the same thing.

The easiest way to stop seeing these useless posts is to click on their user name and then click on Ignore. I have clicked on Ignore on as many as 50 in a day in all of the threads that I subscribe to.