Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 IRS Form 8936

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Dan44 and SlimJim
Launched today and my program updated. My Model 3 purchased in March 2019 now shows the 3750 credit and everything calculates correctly. Time to file finally!!!

If you're using Turbotax, it may be worth waiting until tomorrow.

I double-checked my form this morning, it had $7,500 times 50% equals $3,750 on the form all filled out correctly, but shortly after filing at 9:30 AM it was rejected still.

• Informative
Reactions: SlimJim
Launched today and my program updated. My Model 3 purchased in March 2019 now shows the 3750 credit and everything calculates correctly. Time to file finally!!!
wait a couple days, even though the form calculates the right amount now, your return will get rejected. i did mine, and everything is right, it now says i will get back $1875. but it is still rejected because the IRS still thinks TT hasn't fixed the 8936 form yet, even though they have.

wait a couple days, even though the form calculates the right amount now, your return will get rejected. i did mine, and everything is right, it now says i will get back $1875. but it is still rejected because the IRS still thinks TT hasn't fixed the 8936 form yet, even though they have.

If you are due $3750, and Turbotax is showing $1875, it is due to you entering $3750 in the box. You instead need to enter $7500. Turbotax now automatically calculates the correct amount based on the purchase date you entered.

It does not appear that the home charger installation form is working yet as my calculated credit is $0 and when I PDF my return the 8911 tax form is not even included.

• Informative
Reactions: SlimJim
If you are due $3750, and Turbotax is showing $1875, it is due to you entering $3750 in the box. You instead need to enter $7500. Turbotax now automatically calculates the correct amount based on the purchase date you entered.

It doesn't matter what you enter. I updated and submitted again last night with the correct numbers and woke up this morning to a rejection (again). It feels like dating in high school all over again.

I shall wait a couple of more days before refiling.

• Funny
Reactions: willow_hiller
I filed last night at 11pm after noticing the correct calculations.
I received a 2nd rejection notice this morning at 9am. I’m assuming the calculations are correct, but not approved by the IRS.
We have a limit of 5 e-file, before we need to physically mail return. I will wait another 24hours for an update, before I trying again.

I filed last night at 11pm after noticing the correct calculations.
I received a 2nd rejection notice this morning at 9am. I’m assuming the calculations are correct, but not approved by the IRS.
We have a limit of 5 e-file, before we need to physically mail return. I will wait another 24hours for an update, before I trying again.

In another thread, Customer Support told someone to wait until Monday the 24th...

• Informative
Reactions: SlimJim and TheNeck