Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24 with New Sentry Mode event trigger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
rofl, I was just going to use a sticker!... I will put on my amazon wishlist now...
hmmm, I was just thinking to hang a photo like this in front of the camera in case they want to spy. They probably wouldn't even notice it is just a photo and not even a Tesla. :rolleyes:
12345.jpg

Does this mean if our cars stay unlocked at home, we don't have to wake up our car to disconnect the charging cable any more? That would be pretty huge imo.

Every morning, I have to pull a door open prior to unhooking. It's so dumb.

No, the lock state of the car has nothing to do with whether it's in deep sleep or not. It's the deep sleep that prevents you from waking the car with the charging cable.

I feel like 90% of the time I can unplug the charger without opening the door first but it seems like an issue with lots of people. I also never ever have issues with using my phone as the key. The funny thing is that my wife often has issues like this with her iPhone 11 Pro but I almost never do with my 5 year old iPhone 6s - maybe the issues are partly related to the phone's bluetooth?

Have you ever checked your vampire drain? If your 90% figure is correct, it would indicate that most of the time, your car is not in deep sleep when you try to plug in/out. Either you've woken it right before, or something's keeping your car awake, which would mean more vampire drain.

Phone as key functionality is not related to sleep state of the car. Most issues were due to phones with crappy bluetooth stacks. Assuming the phone is good, it will work regardless if the car is in deep sleep or not.

Side cameras being included is long overdue. Now to have them pop up when signaling for a lane change . .
#1 missing feature imo. With the rearview mirror being small, and not great visibility in the back, when it's dark, and especially raining, i get really paranoid making turns on the freeway.

It seems that adding it for turns, and for whenever you want is such a no brainer.

Clicking the camera button should show the main camera for the direction you are heading by default (main front camera if in drive, rear camera in reverse). And then, ALL the cameras should be available to select from on the sides of the currently shown camera. Similiar to Sentry mode replays. This way, when you are at a stop sign on a residential street that has SUVs, large trucks, and massive pickups parked on the side of the street blocking your vision from seeing traffic coming down the street from your low riding Model 3 sedan you may have a chance to see traffic behind those vehicles. Instead, of keeping sticking your nose out further and further and then deciding to risk it with a quick acceleration. Being able to bring up any camera on demand will be a huge step up safety wise. Let's all make the recommendation using our in car voice commands or Twitter to get this to finally become reality. Also, having the ability to select what the default selected camera should be in a given situation would be great too. A verbal command such as "Show driver B pillar" should bring up the appropriate camera.

Can't wait to get this update. I don't like my doors always locking in my garage. I don't always have my phone with me.

Cant wait for that also. I can't tell you the number of times I had to get something out of my car only to realize it was locked, and have to go back inside to unlock it using the app or bring the phone in the garage with me.

I can't wait for this update. I've been wanting the home door lock feature for sometime now. The sentry mode update is great too but in the future I would really like to see a sentry alert sent to my phone the second it happens and then I can instantly open it and be shown exactly what triggered the notification. Much better than viewing the footage long after the incident has occurred. I could also just delete it from my phone if it was nothing. Sort of like Ring.

Reactions: bcpm3p
A bird's eye view camera (like what BMW has) would be great during parking and also if it sees that you're getting close to a curb or low speed turns.

I suspect Tesla will continue to upgrade the functionality on pretty much everything the cars does. They’ve been doing that since day one, and haven’t stopped.
I also hope this feature is added in some way going forward, and I think it has a better than average chance of happening. :)

One potential downside of the “don’t lock at home” feature is that the side mirrors won’t fold either. I always want my mirrors folded in the garage so it’s easier to walk between the car and other stuff on the sides, and so the chances of my kids dinging the mirrors are reduced.

• Disagree
Reactions: Stellavator