Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24 with New Sentry Mode event trigger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
v2020.24 has added a new functionality to sentry mode. When there's a sentry mode event, a red dot is added to the usual 10 min long video scrubber, and upon playback will jump right before that event occur instead of having to scrub through the whole video to see the event!

Also, now you can view the side cameras along with the backup camera.

Can't wait to get this update and try it out! Updates just keeps getting better and better!

index.php

Source: https://twitter.com/xiaoteshushu/status/1273493547933503488

Attachments

• jIFifFV.jpg
    jIFifFV.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 2,857
Last edited by a moderator:
Also ability to turn off walkaway lock at Home. Many have asked for that.

I always wonder though why we have to ask for these things and why Tesla internal owners don’t suggest these things or they aren’t included in the original design.

It’s almost certainly not that nobody thought of it ... it’s a matter of priorities. I’m sure there’s a bug list and feature list each a mile long and someone’s the scrum master.

I always wonder though why we have to ask for these things and why Tesla internal owners don’t suggest these things or they aren’t included in the original design.

There's pretty clearly a VERY short list of folks who have any input on this stuff- see also the "scheduled departure" feature that took em 8 years to even add, and when they did it cuts off charging based on the time the one programmers personal electric rates increase instead of letting each owner set that time themselves.... "Well, my rates go up at 6 am, guess I should cut it off at 6 am for everyone..."

Dang, this will be one of the most useful updates for me.
Ability to automatically disable walk-away lock feature when at home is huge for me (I have to manually toggle/disable it every time I pull into my garage at home).
Ability to go directly to the point in a recording that triggered a sentry mode event is also very nice/convenient. Thankfully, it’s not too often I park in an area that triggers a sentry mode recording. Nevertheless, I consider this a very important/useful update.

Well done, Tesla! You’ll make a fan boy out of me yet!!

There's pretty clearly a VERY short list of folks who have any input on this stuff- see also the "scheduled departure" feature that took em 8 years to even add, and when they did it cuts off charging based on the time the one programmers personal electric rates increase instead of letting each owner set that time themselves.... "Well, my rates go up at 6 am, guess I should cut it off at 6 am for everyone..."

Don’t you go being all glass half Empty on us...

That job is taken by the usual crowd already. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Matsayz