Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24 with New Sentry Mode event trigger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so you’re one of those people who are content with “adequate” and don’t want “good”?

No, I have better than good- I have the best car available on the market.

So do you.

I know because you literally said that like 5 posts earlier.

it's still the best car on the market at any price

Every car maker has to make choices about what to include or not on a car.

Every car makes compromises in one way or another.

Every car leaves stuff out while adding other things in, each bit of both a choice offseting something else in some way.

We seem to both agree the net set of choices made by Tesla on the model 3 produced the best car on the market.

Weirdly though- you're still mad for some reason.

Like "I GOT THE BEST THING AVAILABLE AND AM REALLY UPSET ABOUT IT"

It's pretty strange.

No, I have better than good- I have the best car available on the market.

So do you.

I know because you literally said that like 5 posts earlier.

Every car maker has to make choices about what to include or not on a car.

Every car makes compromises in one way or another.

Every car leaves stuff out while adding other things in, each bit of both a choice offseting something else in some way.

We seem to both agree the net set of choices made by Tesla on the model 3 produced the best car on the market.

Weirdly though- you're still mad for some reason.

Like "I GOT THE BEST THING AVAILABLE AND AM REALLY UPSET ABOUT IT"

It's pretty strange.

It's because I care. I'm a perfectionist, and when I have something that's realllllly good in a lot of ways and absolutely sucks in others, I want to see it improve if I care about that product at all. I don't give a crap that my microwave's interface was designed by a halfwit. I don't care that Apple's phones have been disappointing for a few years now. I do care that my car is so, so close to being what I really want, and isn't quite there yet.

Does this mean if our cars stay unlocked at home, we don't have to wake up our car to disconnect the charging cable any more? That would be pretty huge imo.

Every morning, I have to pull a door open prior to unhooking. It's so dumb.

I was wondering the same thing for my X. Although I don't have to open the door (is that a model 3 thing?) I do have to take my fob out to the car with me to connect or disconnect the charger. Would be nice if the car could not require that at home. Maybe this "stay unlocked at home" thing is the ticket.

Does this mean if our cars stay unlocked at home, we don't have to wake up our car to disconnect the charging cable any more? That would be pretty huge imo.

Every morning, I have to pull a door open prior to unhooking. It's so dumb.

Unfortunately no unless they’ve changed something else. I leave my car unlocked and plugged in in the garage and I still have to pull a door handle to wake it to release the charge cord

I feel like 90% of the time I can unplug the charger without opening the door first but it seems like an issue with lots of people. I also never ever have issues with using my phone as the key. The funny thing is that my wife often has issues like this with her iPhone 11 Pro but I almost never do with my 5 year old iPhone 6s - maybe the issues are partly related to the phone's bluetooth?

Wonder if there will be a run on these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S5BFN6M/

Camera cover.jpg

Ordered mine back on April 12th and its finally scheduled to arrive on 22 June!

Order yours today for delivery at the end of August. o_O

• Disagree
Reactions: notrhj and lUtriaNt
Ordered mine back on April 12th and its finally scheduled to arrive on 22 June!

Order yours today for delivery at the end of August. o_O
There are many similar covers that are in stock immediately. Just search for "webcam cover" on Amazon.

I've had one of those in my car since one of the hackers found pictures from the interior camera stored on the car computer. Besides the obvious privacy issues, they could be used against you in an insurance claim ...

Not really. Their "Tesla chargers" are really just repackaged Chademo adapters bolted to the charger, and just as slow. There is no need to precondition for those.

Maybe this is a sign that Tesla is finally preparing to release a CCS adapter in the US. :p
After looking at all of EVgo's current Tesla chargers, you're right. Not only that, they don't even offer CCS charging > 50kW at those locations with Tesla fast charging. I guess this is fine if EVgo's plan is to supply urban charging.