Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24 with New Sentry Mode event trigger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
first page is all folks talking about the update, followed by 9 pages of the same three people bickering and trying to prove each other wrong.
Ah - there you go, ignore three people and 10 pages gets condensed down to 3 :)

Then there's the inevitable complaint about the complainers. Like this, also. Ad infinitum.

Then there's the inevitable complaint about the complainers. Like this, also. Ad infinitum.
indeed there is - I thought was was about time for a PSA for the wonderful Ignore feature :)

I really liked this update. Its been a while since we have had a whole bunch of little but useful updates.
Being able to add the side view cams with a swipe when reversing is just right
The Sentry mode viewer is now suddenly useful. With the previous version the was no point trying to view the video after a sentry event unless you had 10-20 minutes to sit in the car looking at footage. Now its right there.
Disabling walk away lock has been something my family has been waiting on for a long time. This is a super useful convenience update.

Don't really care about the interior camera view. I can't really get indignant like some others did, especially when the thing is disabled by default. I enabled it.

I did try the updated traffic light beta....... then turned it off again. It's fine for slow city traffic but still uses the same stopping distances regardless of speed. It's also really bad approaching lights on a corner, even worse if there's already a line of cars waiting at the light. Much too much hard braking to make it comfortable. If I could enable/disable it like we can for NOA, then I'd use it more.

Reactions: PACEMD
According to this Reddit thread, the car no longer needs to be "woken" to release the charge cable. I have not verified this yet, but will check sometime today. Not that lightly pushing the rear door handle was a huge inconvenience, but these cars do seem smart enough that one might expect that to be unnecessary. If this fix is true and doesn't cost us any measurable watts to accomplish, then kudos to the Tesla team!

• Helpful
Reactions: KArnold
According to this Reddit thread, the car no longer needs to be "woken" to release the charge cable. I have not verified this yet, but will check sometime today. Not that lightly pushing the rear door handle was a huge inconvenience, but these cars do seem smart enough that one might expect that to be unnecessary. If this fix is true and doesn't cost us any measurable watts to accomplish, then kudos to the Tesla team!
that is correct - kind of ;)
Because you can now disable walk away lock while at home, it means the charge port is no longer locked.

Mine unlocks by pushing charging cable button without having to open door after a night of charging

I love the backup side cameras, only wish they could be resized. Haven't had a lot of time to play with the other features yet, but I did notice one thing: Cyclists are not showing up on the screen like before. Vehicles, stop signs, lights, bike lanes, no problem. But I drove past at least 4 cyclists yesterday, and they didn't show up. Will need to test that again. In a way, I'm glad, as the excessive braking can be annoying.

Tried the Sentry mode viewer and it worked quite well. The red dot really made a difference.

Awesome. I was hoping for this earlier in this thread. Even got shot down by others saying it wouldn't happen.