Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The release notes that appeared on my screen after installing 2020.4.1 didn’t seem to have any new features other than access to additional vehicle info. Everything else - including saving dashcam on honk - was in the last 2019 release. Haven’t done much driving since installation and haven’t noticed any changes so far. Will see if voice recognition now does more than opening the glove box!

Well this is odd, my back left parking brake had stopped working with only the back right parking brake engaging. Has been like this for a month (service app in two weeks).

after update it started working on both sides, impossible I know but a funny coincidence, just wish voice recognition would work again.

Maybe they can fix the bug that does not remember my hearing settings, every time you get in the car you have to reset all the settings as they just randomly select ...windscreen, face, feet and recycle options.

I think some owners didn't get the previous release, I've had 2020.4 and for the fiurst time have extra info, text messages and a broken voice control

2 steps forward, 1 big step back.

The one voice command thing that did work was replying to text messages, its as if they dropped that bit of code to the cars and left out all the previous voice features.

After 3-4 hours, download reset to 50% and download continuing

I had tagged issue to existing service appointment - not sure if they 'reset' something as no comms received.

Updating the service request probably had 0 effect as I had the issue on at least two further occasions where it self reset after various lengths of time. After moving car last night to see if it was signal related, I found wifi marginal no matter where I positioned the car (even though it was able to download to 100%) and left it. This morning, I found connect to wifi to download message and download stuck at 95%. A power cycle of the wireless access point seems to have done the trick as it completed its download and offered the install very quickly after completing. So currently installing.

Voice control totally intermittent today. Sometimes as if microphone wasn’t working. Sometimes no speaker. Made phone call via the screen - connected but neither party could hear the other. Then “Phone home” got interpreted as “navigate home” and current route was lost! Even “open glovebox” didn’t work. Mobile visit arranged for 14/2 - which will hopefully also address a growing list of other snags. I’ve been waiting for a mobile visit to be arranged for them ever since they cancelled an SC visit because they could be fixed by a mobile visit to be scheduled ‘shortly’. That was 2 weeks ago. Faith in Tesla is disappearing fast.

Voice control is no better at recognising things but I have noticed that it no longer seems to give up when the suggestions of what to say box appears. I noticed on a couple of occasions that this box appears, then a short while after, it eventually goes through the listening process displaying sort of what you said. Not noticed this before. The suggestion box seemed to be the point it gave up before.

Out of curiosity, is it meant to be able to navigate to contacts on your phone?

Any point in us all booking service requests to report that the voice control is borked? Or is this just a waste of our time and theirs? It's not stopping my enjoyment of the car but given it's a feature I paid for, I'd kinda like it to work, at least half decently (and it doesn't!) - plus no progress for months as far as I can tell. So I reckon it's fair to up the ante a bit.

Oh and my update was similar to a lot of folks in that it downloaded, hung, downloaded some of it again and then finally installed

Any point in us all booking service requests to report that the voice control is borked? Or is this just a waste of our time and theirs? It's not stopping my enjoyment of the car but given it's a feature I paid for, I'd kinda like it to work, at least half decently (and it doesn't!) - plus no progress for months as far as I can tell. So I reckon it's fair to up the ante a bit.

Yes why not it was working and now its not but they won't be able to fix it but at least it might get pushed up higher.

I already complained but to resolution as nobody has control over the software at the service centres.

Now shows various 3rd party chargers POI such as ChargeMaster on the map, when zoomed in. Including ones never used.

example
F2149141-A64D-4FCF-A711-9E779C4E7B11.jpeg

Reactions: gangzoom