Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The GLOVIS STELLA is now on its way to Benicia, which is in the San Francisco Bay.
She is due to arrive there on 3 May.
The San Francisco port schedule has her arriving at Pier 80 on 8 May.
We shall see ....
The Fremont factory remains closed and initial plans to reopen next week have been shelved.
We may learn more tomorrow when Tesla deliver their Q1 earnings report.....

Reactions: JupiterMan
Since the Fremont factory remains closed it will come as no surprise that the GLOVIS STELLA is no longer shown on the San Francisco port schedule.
A couple of placeholders have appeared for unnamed ships arriving on the 26 and 29 May.
I have to say that at the moment I think these are unlikely to be firmed up.

• Informative
Reactions: Joelly
I have had a couple of messages pointing out that the GLOVIS STELLA will be loading at Pier 80 based on the fact that the normally excellent Tesla Carriers spreadsheet is saying it will.
I'm sorry to disappoint but the spreadsheet is wrong, the ship will not be loading at Pier 80.
It will be conducting a 24 hr unload at Benicia and then leaving the Bay area on Monday night.

There are no ships scheduled in the near future.

Reactions: Joelly and Roy W.
I have had a couple of messages pointing out that the GLOVIS STELLA will be loading at Pier 80 based on the fact that the normally excellent Tesla Carriers spreadsheet is saying it will.
I'm sorry to disappoint but the spreadsheet is wrong, the ship will not be loading at Pier 80.
It will be conducting a 24 hr unload at Benicia and then leaving the Bay area on Monday night.

There are no ships scheduled in the near future.
Apropos of very little, I used to watch the cars unload from Japan from 940 Tyler Street, Studio 17, Benicia 94510. That is a reinforced concrete building put up in WWII. It housed heavy machinery. Around 1984 it was converted into a large number of artist studios. Do a search on Google Maps.

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up
Hi, new to the forum. I have been waiting for delivery of my Model 3 performance in the UK. Very long story but I put the order into the leasing company in November 2019. Leasing company has recently been telling me I need to wait for the next shipment to Europe in June. As it looks like there will not be one in June can anyone estimate when the next shipment will arrive in the UK?

Hi, new to the forum. I have been waiting for delivery of my Model 3 performance in the UK. Very long story but I put the order into the leasing company in November 2019. Leasing company has recently been telling me I need to wait for the next shipment to Europe in June. As it looks like there will not be one in June can anyone estimate when the next shipment will arrive in the UK?

Under normal situations Tesla wotk to a quite predictable quarterly cycle to minimise cars built but not delivered at the end of a quarter. That usually means European cars are built at the beginning half of a quarter and shipped to arrive and be delivered before the end of the quarter. This quarter being April-June. Obviously things are not normal and Tesla built no cars in April and may not for most of May. So its anybodies guess when they will reopen (maybe in the next couple of weeks) and what they decide to build.

Have you checked inventory sites (I find tesla-info.com is the best as it includes a lot of hidden Tesla stock) for a car with your spec? If you find one you can try and get it matched up with your order. Tesla don't build cars to order, they simply match orders to stock that arrives and it seems to be a hit and miss process at times. You may also find a very similar car to the one you want and accept the change, ie you'll take a car with a tow bar as the difference in price is tiny but you get it 3 months earlier.

best option is to hope for a inventory car, call tesla with your RN (get this from your leasing company if you dont already) and get Tesla to match your RN to the inventory. I suggest it would have to be an exact match (atleast price wise) due to it being a lease. That way you have your best chance of getting a vehicle ASAP.

Waiting since November?
Something is not right. There were plenty of opportunities for that order to have been fulfilled by the end of March.
Unless you have a very unusual specification?
I would be inclined to change leasing company. Certainly check prices available elsewhere as I suspect they may have dropped since November. There are still inventory cars available and some leasing companies are anxious to offload their stock.

Next shipment from the factory won't arrive until late August at the earliest in my opinion.

Reactions: Roy W.
Waiting since November?
Something is not right. There were plenty of opportunities for that order to have been fulfilled by the end of March.
Unless you have a very unusual specification?
I would be inclined to change leasing company. Certainly check prices available elsewhere as I suspect they may have dropped since November. There are still inventory cars available and some leasing companies are anxious to offload their stock.

Next shipment from the factory won't arrive until late August at the earliest in my opinion.

I would second this, having spent lots of timing speaking with various lease companies recently.

Who is your currently with? I can recommend Zen Auto. Personal lease, there were the best price and there Customer service has been good

I've just spotted that you can find the "vessel departure date" for inventory cars now. Probably not that exciting today as none are thought to be at sea but might be useful in the future when they resume. Screenshot from tesla-info.com - I've not seen it on other sites but presumably they might start doing so
Untitled.png

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
That is an interesting development!

Trouble is that there was no vessel that departed on 26 Feb - the last ship of the quarter was the GLOVIS CAPTAIN will departed on 22 Feb.

I've had a little look at what I think is the cars Tesla web page (can't quite see all the VIN) which is I presume where the data is coming from and this is buried in the page..

"....ENTORY","VesselDepartureDate":"2020-02-26T19:11:17.662749","Vrl":12232,"VrlName"..."

Maybe there was a boat on the 26th that nobody knew about?

I would second this, having spent lots of timing speaking with various lease companies recently.

Who is your currently with? I can recommend Zen Auto. Personal lease, there were the best price and there Customer service has been good
Unfortunately, I can't move to a new Lease company as it's a company car via and probably shouldn't mention the Lease planning company name. Guess I will just need to wait until they finally order it from tesla and I receive the RN.

Unfortunately, I can't move to a new Lease company as it's a company car via and probably shouldn't mention the Lease planning company name. Guess I will just need to wait until they finally order it from tesla and I receive the RN.
if they're not supplying the RN then i suggest its not on order. Might be worth calling Tesla and seeing if there is an order with your email address?

any chance this would be the point the vessel passes the panama canal? may be logical that it isnt classed as departed until then? also seems to match with when people suggested VIN's appeared?

Could be.

Do they dock anywhere on the Eastern seaboard before leaving for Europe? Either way its a date that Tesla seem to use so presumably it means something.. maybe..

• Funny
Reactions: Joelly