Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have spend the evening with a calming bottle of Margeaux (2015 Brane Cantenac) compiling my watch list for Q3.
It's still very large with no less than 14 ships featuring on it and I can only hope to whittle it down a little over the next week.
The fact that it is so large is a measure of how the market seems to be coming back to life.
There are still some ships lying idle but nowhere near the amount of just 2 months ago and the fleets global distribution is a lot wider too.
In purely alphabetical order:

GLOVIS CHAMPION
GLOVIS COMPOSER
GLOVIS COUNTESS
GLOVIS CROWN
GLOVIS SIGMA
GLOVIS SONIC
GLOVIS STELLA
GLOVIS SUN
GLOVIS SUNRISE
GLOVIS SUPREME
GLOVIS SYMPHONY
GRAND DAHLIA
GRAND PIONEER
RCC EUROPE

My favourite still remains GRAND PIONEER and of course GLOVIS SUN is almost a certainty.

I have spend the evening with a calming bottle of Margeaux (2015 Brane Cantenac) ...

It's still very large...

Drink faster mate ! :)

RT

cbc.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Mr Miserable
I have got to say a massive thank you to Mr M!

Although it's not looking like my lease order is on this delivery it's still so interesting seeing the comings and goings of these ships and seeing how you work out which ones are going where and with what on board.

Thanks! And congratulations to the jammy sods who's cars are on these ships!

Reactions: Roy W. and Mark S
I have spend the evening with a calming bottle of Margeaux (2015 Brane Cantenac) compiling my watch list for Q3.
It's still very large with no less than 14 ships featuring on it and I can only hope to whittle it down a little over the next week.
The fact that it is so large is a measure of how the market seems to be coming back to life.
There are still some ships lying idle but nowhere near the amount of just 2 months ago and the fleets global distribution is a lot wider too.
In purely alphabetical order:

GLOVIS CHAMPION
GLOVIS COMPOSER
GLOVIS COUNTESS
GLOVIS CROWN
GLOVIS SIGMA
GLOVIS SONIC
GLOVIS STELLA
GLOVIS SUN
GLOVIS SUNRISE
GLOVIS SUPREME
GLOVIS SYMPHONY
GRAND DAHLIA
GRAND PIONEER
RCC EUROPE

My favourite still remains GRAND PIONEER and of course GLOVIS SUN is almost a certainty.

Great work!
Really interesting list. I've got 7 of those on my list as well, the rest I need to check against my sources.
I would be surprised if not most of those 7 or even 14 go to SFO for Tesla cars.
I'll share my list at a later time, as a show of good will, of course.

following this thread in fascination! I finally pulled the trigger on a LR M3 late last week with estimated delivery date of June (which I thought was very speedy given it's only a week or so until end of the month!). I assume this means that my LR M3 will likely already be in the country now, probably dropped off by SILVER RAY? Haven't heard anything from Tesla yet re-delivery

following this thread in fascination! I finally pulled the trigger on a LR M3 late last week with estimated delivery date of June (which I thought was very speedy given it's only a week or so until end of the month!). I assume this means that my LR M3 will likely already be in the country now, probably dropped off by SILVER RAY? Haven't heard anything from Tesla yet re-delivery
Did you order from inventory or custom?

Though it said June - don't hold your breath if you ordered custom. With Tesla nothing is a firm commitment, more a reasonable endeavour :D

Did you order from inventory or custom?

Though it said June - don't hold your breath if you ordered custom. With Tesla nothing is a firm commitment, more a reasonable endeavour :D

Custom order - both LR and Performance still have June estimated whereas SR+ is August. I heard delivery times often slip, fingers crossed!! If it's not already over here in the UK, the next batch of ships won't be for another few months right?

Custom order - both LR and Performance still have June estimated whereas SR+ is August. I heard delivery times often slip, fingers crossed!! If it's not already over here in the UK, the next batch of ships won't be for another few months right?
Yeah next batch most likely August onwards.

There's the possibility that the current batch of cars are all matched up but no doubt some percentage will cancel / defer so you could get lucky with that too. From the Q1 stories it was clear that if they tried to deliver by the end of the Q and you said you wanted to defer even a week or two they would just unmatch you and give your car to someone else, and then that person who was unmatched could end up having to wait for the next boat!

I'm not, why?
Now looking for vessels named "Cheyenne", I'm not sure which one you mean.
I can only find a handful small inland freight vessels, not container cargo, RoRos or other cargo big enough for a shipment of cars.
False alarm.
It was a barge that was parked next to GRAND VENUS which then departed into the Dutch canal system. I thought at one point it was heading to Tilburg but it has ended up at a grain terminal at Europoort Rotterdam. Quite what it was doing at 521 Zeebrugge is a mystery.

Meanwhile my shortlist is down 1 with GLOVIS SUPREME off to Korea.

Reactions: MGrove
False alarm.
It was a barge that was parked next to GRAND VENUS which then departed into the Dutch canal system. I thought at one point it was heading to Tilburg but it has ended up at a grain terminal at Europoort Rotterdam. Quite what it was doing at 521 Zeebrugge is a mystery.

Meanwhile my shortlist is down 1 with GLOVIS SUPREME off to Korea.
Ahh okay, I see. It would be interesting if any Tesla cars ever got loaded onto river barges - a whole new category of Tesla-transporting vessel.
I saw your comment mere seconds after I decided to boot GLOVIS SUPREME off my list as well, for the same reason.