Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1CAA0E82-6BAD-4A95-AEE5-4A48D8C80B54.jpeg
Hey, hope this may help. Ordered M3 LR RHD for UK delivery(Southampton). Changed my mind and updated to a vanilla performance on Wednesday(white paint, no extras) and have a delivery/pickup for the 9th September 2020. No VIN yet or any other info, just the demand for the money :D
If you’ve had the invoice demanding money, the VIN is under the Delivery Address and Make Model

Thank you :) I don't expect it there, if that's your invoice I like the white seats, I'm way to slovenly for them!
It’s my invoice :) I took months deciding black or white... really wanted white since the first time I saw them but was scared jeans would turn them blue, eventually persuaded myself after watching a few YouTube vids showing how easy they were to clean - fingers crossed :p

Here’s a trivia question for you shipping experts.

What’s the maximum approx distance a Model 3 can travel round the decks of your average GLOVIS WHATEVER when being loaded or unloaded ?

Assuming some cars end up going the furthest they can into the ship (top deck?).

Ships, Boats, Ports, Canals, Tides, Weather, Wind, Waves, Trains, Containers are fine on this thread

But no VINS, Orders & Deliveries, Hidden VINS, Wheels, Paint, Detailing, Deletes, Wraps, Chargers or complaints please.

Thank you!

Amen to that and please don't annoy our spiritual leader
Like so many Tesla loons I hang on to Mr M's every word and worship the ground this man is walking on

I am de-lurking for the first time to express my immense gratitude to Mr M. for being such a fountain of knowledge and for making the wait for our M3 just about bearable. We'd been following Glovis Sun's movements as we mistakenly believed it might bring our Wisby home to mommy and daddy but have since been informed by our rather brilliant Tesla sales rep that she's booked a cruise on the Grand Dahlia instead.

So warm greetings from Hamburg to our old home in the UK ‍♀️

So ... GRAND DAHLIA now tooling around in anchorage outside Zeebrugge. Waiting for what .... ?
Well that's the last we will see of the GRAND DAHLIA, until its next call at Pier 80. (No wonder I couldn't find out where it was heading to!)
It's clearly done a full unload and is now waiting for it's next job - a trip to S America starting at Zeebrugge on 24 Aug.

Last edited:
I had a late night last night trying to make sense of numerous schedule changes around the globe and trying to piece it together to see the effect on the Tesla shipping forecast. I write another post on this later but we can safely forget GRAND PEARL and I fear DONINGTON too.

Mr. M. Thanks for all your updates!

One question, I know we can’t track trucks yet, but any idea why it takes around 14 days from Dahlia arrived in Zeebrugge to get the cars to Copenhagen in Denmark? I mean it’s a 11 hour drive, in a normal car.
I feel like 14 days is a long time.

Anyone have any insights?

Mr. M. Thanks for all your updates!

One question, I know we can’t track trucks yet, but any idea why it takes around 14 days from Dahlia arrived in Zeebrugge to get the cars to Copenhagen in Denmark? I mean it’s a 11 hour drive, in a normal car.
I feel like 14 days is a long time.

Anyone have any insights?

No idea. Do you think they are waiting to consolidate with cars from GLOVIS CAPTAIN?