Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many others, I found myself following this thread after ordering a M3 LR back in mid September knowing Tesla aren’t one for giving regular shipping updates.
Thank you Mr Miserable for all the intel and keeping so many of us informed!

The company I’ve ordered the M3 from emailed me yesterday: “Tesla have been in touch to advise they expect their next wave of deliveries for approx Late November, we will keep you updated as your order progresses”
(It was originally estimated to be early Nov)

I have just read Model 3’s are undergoing a refresh and that the new version is rolling off the assembly in Fremont.

I wonder if the Q4 / Nov UK deliveries will be the “refreshed” version?

Like many others, I found myself following this thread after ordering a M3 LR back in mid September knowing Tesla aren’t one for giving regular shipping updates.

The company I’ve ordered the M3 from emailed me yesterday: “Tesla have been in touch to advise they expect their next wave of deliveries for approx Late November, we will keep you updated as your order progresses”

I have just read Model 3’s are undergoing a refresh and that the new version is rolling off the assembly in Fremont.

Certainly sounds like it.

Do you mind if I ask who you’ve leased with? I placed a business lease order for a LR too on the 25th September with carlease UK, seems the actual lease provider is LEX Autolease. Last thing I heard was on the 1st October saying “the next batch is due in November”.

Do you mind if I ask who you’ve leased with? I placed a business lease order for a LR too on the 25th September with carlease UK, seems the actual lease provider is LEX Autolease. Last thing I heard was on the 1st October saying “the next batch is due in November”.
I leased with Wessex Fleet, ordered 16th Sept.
I hope this batch is with the refresh differences!

Do UK bound M3’s come from Fremont, Shanghai or both now?

I leased with Wessex Fleet, ordered 16th Sept.
I hope this batch is with the refresh differences!

Do UK bound M3’s come from Fremont, Shanghai or both now?
At the moment, nothing is inbound from anywhere.
Up to now everything has come from Fremont.
Quite what models will be exported from China and to where is debateable at the moment.
We shall see...

The next Model 3 shipment will arrive in November, of that we can be certain. What we don't know is precisely when. Continue to follow this thread and as soon as a ship departs we should be able to calculate a pretty accurate date for arrival in the UK.
Has there been progress in finding Shanghai shipping information? There is constant buzz in China although thus far data seems to be sparse with strong opinions anyway. The latest rumor seems to be that first exports will be to Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Southeast Asia. That seems in conflict with other opinions especially from EU and UK.
In the end I suspect we'll find out what really will happen from shipping data unless official statements precede.

VIN counting no longer is so reliable since Shanghai.

Has there been progress in finding Shanghai shipping information? There is constant buzz in China although thus far data seems to be sparse with strong opinions anyway. The latest rumor seems to be that first exports will be to Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Southeast Asia. That seems in conflict with other opinions especially from EU and UK.
In the end I suspect we'll find out what really will happen from shipping data unless official statements precede.

VIN counting no longer is so reliable since Shanghai.

I have been told that we should expect to see at least one shipment of LHD MIC to Zeebrugge this quarter. Whether that will solely be SR+ I am unsure.
I don't have a source for Shanghai shipping information and I haven't been really watching Shanghai for ships heading to Japan etc but more for something heading for Suez. I had the ability to search Suez bookings right up until about 6 weeks ago but now that system is now longer accessible. Typical!
Certainly some ships have headed to Korea eg ONYX ARROW and GRAND CHOICE but I doubt whether that is unusual. I haven't got a feel for what is normal for Shanghai yet, and I doubt I ever will.
I'm intrigued to see where FREEDOM ACE heads off to as she has spent longer in port than others.
In port at the moment is HOEGH KOBE. She is on a scheduled service that will arrive in Zeebrugge and Southampton next month but I doubt very much whether she would be used by Tesla.
It's a very slow start to the quarter - I can't help think I'm missing something but try as I might I can't find it.
I think I have a pretty good handle on Pier 80 at the moment and it looks like VIKING DESTINY may have had a last minute change of destination - we shall find out later tonight.

• Informative
Reactions: twlr and jbcarioca
I just keep thinking, maybe in my eternal optimism to not have to wait too much longer, that Tesla mentioned they had matched me and I should have the car end of October / beginning of November. Admittedly that was when I phoned them on the 29th September and things can change, but presumably there was a ship or plan that meant those dates could be met.

I just keep thinking, maybe in my eternal optimism to not have to wait too much longer, that Tesla mentioned they had matched me and I should have the car end of October / beginning of November. Admittedly that was when I phoned them on the 29th September and things can change, but presumably there was a ship or plan that meant those dates could be met.
There may well be some shipment that I'm unaware of - I feel sure there must be, because this is such a slow start to Q4. It would be helpful if you rang and asked them for an update - they should be able to see exactly where you car is. Let me know!

Reactions: Roy W.
Sfo vessel schedules have been published with no less than 5 ships announced https://sfport.com/sites/default/files/Maritime/Docs/Vessel Schedules/2020-10-09.pdf
That's great news.
It's also a relief to see that I had named all those ships as being likely candidates well over a week ago.
I have previously posted that I believe RCC ANTWERP is EU bound. I'm not 100% sure to be honest - let's just say she is very likely to be EU bound.
I am 100% sure that both GRAND DOLPHIN and TRITON ACE will be EU bound.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Have a gander at Morning Lucy going to Zeebrugge via. Newark berth #13.
She's only alongside for 12 hours - think that's enough?
I can see that she is due into Zeebrugge at the end of the month.
The only other thing going for her is the fact that she isn't showing on the WW schedule at the moment although she has been on the route.
I'll see if our train man has any news....

UPDATE: Found her schedule - she's heading to Bremerhaven before Zeebrugge.
She's not ringing any alarm bells with me at the moment.....

Last edited:
Reactions: MGrove and Roy W.