Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LYDDEN arrived alongside in Amsterdam in the early hours of this morning.
She is due to depart around 9pm, her Tesla charter complete.

GLOVIS SUN is currently approaching Zeebrugge harbour with her harbour pilot onboard.
What is going to be interesting is where she docks in Zeebrugge as the usual 'Tesla' spots are occupied.
We also still don’t know where she will head to next.
She is due to depart Zeebrugge on Monday night.
She has a week before her next commitment (to load in Bremerhaven on 28 Dec)
I still suspect she will head to Southampton but she doesn’t feature on the Southampton port schedule yet.
Whatever, we haven't finished with GLOVIS SUN yet.....

The Tesla delivery team told me 2 days ago my car is on Glovis Sun and is expected to arrive at Koopman the 23rd. My delivery date was the 23rd and was moved to the 29th due to 'logistic issues'. So as you are saying Glovis Sun will depart monday night, I am quite sure she will move to Amsterdam Koopman next.
However I don't see it on the arrival schema at Koopman...

• Informative
Reactions: Mr Miserable
My M3LR was confirmed today for delivery on Monday at Koopman although the text said "it could still change".
First text received Dec 7 with the delivery range. Second with the date and time on December 10.
On Dec 24 received from the lease company the notice for the numberplate registration. Didn't receive a VIN.

Wondering what ship it was on crossing the Atlantic; do they only register when they are delivered on site or could it be it was onboard Lydden?

My M3LR was confirmed today for delivery on Monday at Koopman although the text said "it could still change".
First text received Dec 7 with the delivery range. Second with the date and time on December 10.
On Dec 24 received from the lease company the notice for the numberplate registration. Didn't receive a VIN.

Wondering what ship it was on crossing the Atlantic; do they only register when they are delivered on site or could it be it was onboard Lydden?
My guess would be LYDDEN

• Informative
Reactions: OttoR

The VIN is assigned to the RN when leaving Fremont however it could still change. Call Tesla, they can provide the VIN number.
The registration plate is assigned a couple days before the boat arrives. You can see when it’s at Koopman by checking the time/date of entry on the RDW website. It’ll show empty if not yet there. You can match entry date with the arrival of the different boats.

• Informative
So, I've been given a VIN and reg for my model 3P, according to delivery team the boats due in Southampton 23rd with delivery 24th December, can't see anything to back this up, however delivery team are adamant it will dock on the 23rd?? Any ideas?

So, I've been given a VIN and reg for my model 3P, according to delivery team the boats due in Southampton 23rd with delivery 24th December, can't see anything to back this up, however delivery team are adamant it will dock on the 23rd?? Any ideas?

Nothing obvious at the moment....
We still don't know where GLOVIS SUN is headed from Zeebrugge.
She's not booked in to Southampton yet.

Nothing obvious at the moment....
We still don't know where GLOVIS SUN is headed from Zeebrugge.
She's not booked in to Southampton yet.
I believe she's booked to arrive int Southampton on the 20th at 2130. Although Tesla delivery guys reckons my cars on a ship due in on the 23rd? The only ship I can find originating from the USA is the Morning Celesta (started off in NYC), could it be that one? Still seems a bit odd although they have also said car can be +/- 3 days of the delivery date quoted so maybe it could be the Glovis Sun.

Shame you can't put your VIN in somewhere to find out what ship it's truly on,...

I believe she's booked to arrive int Southampton on the 20th at 2130. Although Tesla delivery guys reckons my cars on a ship due in on the 23rd? The only ship I can find originating from the USA is the Morning Celesta (started off in NYC), could it be that one? Still seems a bit odd although they have also said car can be +/- 3 days of the delivery date quoted so maybe it could be the Glovis Sun.

Shame you can't put your VIN in somewhere to find out what ship it's truly on,...
You struck a nerve with the mention of MORNING CELESTA.
I would have tipped this ship as possibly carrying Teslas from Newark but for LYDDEN departing just a couple of days earlier.
Nevertheless I was very relieved to see that when she docked in Zeebrugge she didn't occupy a 'Tesla' berth.
When she arrives in Southampton she is arriving in the Eastern Docks and not the Western Docks with no crossover move scheduled.
So on balance I don't believe she carried any Teslas from Newark nor will she from Zeebrugge.

I'm also keeping half an eye on MORNING COURIER (Newark to Zeebrugge) but again we shall see where she docks...

PS The ship arriving into Southampton tomorrow at 2130 is the GLOVIS CRYSTAL which is no longer carrying any Teslas

Last edited:
LYDDEN departed Amsterdam last night and is currently in the North Sea making 19kts towards Oslo where she will arrive at 0200 tomorrow morning.

GLOVIS SUN is still alongside in Zeebrugge. As announced earlier she will arrive in Oslo on Wednesday morning (23rd).
At the moment she isn't appearing in either the Amsterdam or Southampton schedules.

How any RHD vehicles from LYDDEN and GLOVIS SUN are being transported to the UK remains a mystery, for the moment.....

• Informative