Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How come some people have been waiting 3-4 months, did Tesla ship a limited number of cars to UK in Q4? I ordered January 18th and am still being advised delivery in February. No other communications though from Tesla.

I am surprised by the quick delivery time because I specced a Standard with towbar.

Maybe they had some inventory cars built with a tow bar or maybe somebody gave up waiting and canceled a car that matched your order. I 16th Jan and was told Mid-Feb delivery. Lets see....The Glovis Cosmos is now on the way through the Panama canal :)

How come some people have been waiting 3-4 months, did Tesla ship a limited number of cars to UK in Q4? I ordered January 18th and am still being advised delivery in February. No other communications though from Tesla.

I am surprised by the quick delivery time because I specced a Standard with towbar.
Did you also notice how every spec had the same delivery estimate? As mentioned, take delivery estimates with a pinch of salt. The reason some people have waited months is because they ordered a spec that wasn’t/hasn’t been shipped from the US for a while.

Yes the Netherlands got most as their tax break was ending

Reactions: ringi
The good news this morning is that the GLOVIS COSMOS was not kept waiting and as forecast started her transit in the small hours this morning. At the moment she is in Gatun Lake and in about 4 hours she will have cleared the Gatun locks and be in the Caribbean. At that time we will get an estimated time of arrival for Zeebrugge.
The GLOVIS SIGMA continues to load at Pier 80 and is scheduled to depart, destination not yet confirmed, on the evening of Tue 29th. This times nicely with the scheduled arrival of the GRAND MARK.
BROOKLANDS meanwhile was waiting for some pier space to free up at the port of Balboa where it is currently alongside. Hopefully she will start her journey northward very soon.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the canal, BROOKLANDS has updated its destination to San Diego with an ETA of 3 Feb. That's a day or so later than initially planned which may delay its arrival at Pier 80. It's a monster of a ship, 7500 vehicles, and so will take a while to load if it's going to be filled to capacity. I still reckon it's coming to EU.

The GLOVIS COSMOS has now updated its destination to Zeebrugge with an ETA of 19:00 8 Feb. It will still route via Brixham though.
Interestingly, (for some) it has set a more easterly course to pass into the N Atlantic abeam Puerto Rico probably to avoid the forecast deep depression forming off the eastern seaboard of the USA next week. Apart from that the weather enroute looks OK.

I never thought I’d buy an American car
Me neither.
However in 2014 I bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT.
It was a magnificent car! I kept it for 4 years and loved driving it. Fuel economy from the 6.4 litre V8 engine was not something we talked about, nor the cost of insurance, nor the servicing (which actually wasn't too bad, just too frequent).
Comfortable, reliable and fun to drive.
My Model 3 ticks those boxes too but I am quite happy to talk about economy, insurance and servicing costs now!

Reactions: Mr H