TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2020 Shipping Movements

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Mr Miserable, Dec 31, 2019.

1. r3hxn

r3hxn New Member

thanks !

If I understand this correctly, the likely candidate is Glovis Cosmos en route to zeebrugge and then potentially southampton or the Glovis Challenge, which may or may not be going to zeebrugge and is still loading. I was vin matched end of last week, so hopefully its the cosmos.

2. r3hxn

r3hxn New Member

thank you

3. planehazza

planehazza Member

Going off the unwritten rules, more a spotted pattern, if you're already VIN matched it might be sooner than that boat? Assuming there is one.

EDIT: There isn't, so Cosmos is your best bet..

4. Mr Miserable

Mr Miserable Supporting Member

The Glovis Cosmos may not go to Southampton. In the past, the ships generally unload in Zeebrugge and the cars are loaded on to another ship for the transit to Southampton.

5. LongRanger

LongRanger Active Member

sad face. I can't decide if I would give that up to get the car sooner, probably not for a 3 year lease when I am completely bored with black interiors in cars.

6. Mr Miserable

There is a ship every week for the next 5 weeks or so. Don't get a downer just because someone hasn't seen any this week. Some folk waited years for their Model 3!

7. LongRanger

LongRanger Active Member

it's fine, I only ordered 8 weeks ago which is well within order times for other new cars, who knows what Tesla have in their stocks/allocations processes, nobody can really predict it so it's a case of waiting. Just frustrating having sold my nice comfy car before christmas as got a buyer, but it's pretty much first world problems rather than a downer ..... :)

8. WhiteMoon

WhiteMoon Member

If we have been vin matched, does that mean the car is on a ship already on its way?
    Had a vin since Monday so assuming end of Feb/March is a realistic delivery if that’s the case.

9. planehazza

planehazza Member

I think typically people get VIN matched around the time the boat is passing through the Panama canal.

• Like x 1
  10. menzic

menzic Member

Does VIN matched mean when Tesla have told you that you have one, or when you discover a hidden VIN on your webpage?

Honestly I have never been more nerdy waiting for a car, but I have to say, I am enjoying it in a masochistic kind of way.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  11. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

Remember the vins are unofficial - what they give with one hand, they can take away with another.

12. D4v1d

D4v1d Member

I would take with a pinch of salt what people are reporting to be on the dock. No rhd, and no white interiors. From what I’ve seen the place looks enormous with thousands of cars which seem to be brought in daily.
    Therefore if they are wondering about the dock, which I don’t think they are, very difficult to tell what’s there.
    Must be a bit of shock for sailors to come from San Francisco to Europe, quite the weather change I would imagine.

13. Mr Miserable

Have you been to Korea in winter? It's even worse than Peterhead.

• Funny x 1
  14. LongRanger

LongRanger Active Member

And the Korea port name is a bugger to spell for the postcard home, Peterhead folks can manage - just about

15. sean_a_h

sean_a_h Member

Are the ships that are leaving every week for the next 5 weeks all bound for Europe? Many thanks too for all your efforts on this thread Mr Miserable

16. D4v1d

D4v1d Member

No, but Panama looks nice just now, hopefully get some r&r waiting to get through the canal, which looks busy.

17. Mr Miserable

On past form, there will be a ship a week leaving to the EU until about Feb 26 and then no more until April.

18. sean_a_h

sean_a_h Member

Great. Thanks for replying. I ordered a Model 3 this week, so maybe I’ll be lucky enough to get it shipped by the end of Feb.

19. Mr Miserable

You may well have timed your order nicely.

You might also want to remove your referral code from your signature before the Magenta Man (the moderator) clocks it - against the rules.

• Like x 1
  20. sean_a_h

sean_a_h Member

Thanks once again and thanks for the advice, I didn’t realise it wasn’t allowed.