Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cosmos now showing as sailing from Antwerp Anchorage to Zeebrugge. Global tax dodge, usual behaviour or data error ? Guess because it parked up for a bit ?

No everything is OK and above board.
The cluster of vessels just to the north of the Cosmos are occupying what's known as the Antwerp Anchorage.
If you look at Zeebrugge port I would expect the Cosmos to park where the GRAND VEGA is. I don't know what the plan is - wait for the Vega to go, or to park behind her. We shall see....
Docking at Zeebrugge takes a bit longer as there are locks that have to be negotiated and the place is busy busy busy.

I guess it depends on when they arrange delivery, if it's within the 7 day window that you can push it out until March then it's a no brainer but if it would be outside the 7 days then I would be very careful that they don't reallocate it to someone else.

Mine is a lease and I'm putting a private plate on it so I have no issues when I get the car, although it's looking like it's likely to be mid-march for me anyway.

Putting my adult head on, I'm not arsed whether is' a 69 or 20 plate since in September it'll be 'out of date' anyway.

The minute they call me and say it'll be ready on X date, I'm booking a very short notice leave day!

I had a hidden VIN (610xxx) on 20th January and it's still the same VIN on there now.......but someone at Tesla just told me my car is on the Glovis Challenge and I won't be getting it until March. Is it possible that it can be on the Challenge when I had a VIN on the 20th and the Challenge didn’t leave till 25th?

Really need it before the end of February for the end of the financial year :(

I had a hidden VIN (610xxx) on 20th January and it's still the same VIN on there now.......but someone at Tesla just told me my car is on the Glovis Challenge and I won't be getting it until March. Is it possible that it can be on the Challenge when I had a VIN on the 20th and the Challenge didn’t leave till 25th?

I had my VIN around the same time and have not had any contact from Tesla, I have asked multiple times but they will not confirm what ship i am on, only that it is heading for Zee.

I got my vin on 15th Jan and was included in the round of text messages on Thursday. If you didn't get a text then i'd say it's on the challenge but that is only a week behind the cosmos, so should be before end of Feb

Future Pier 80 Ships

It now appears that the GLOVIS CAPTAIN will arrive at Pier 80 on 17 Feb following the ASIAN KING
The MORNING CATHERINE will arrive at Pier 80 on 20 Feb following the GLOVIS CAPTAIN

The GLOVIS CAPTAIN was the 1st ship in Q1 of 2019 and came to Zeebrugge however it also loaded at Pier 80 in Apr 19 and went to Shanghai.

COSMOS has arrived. Photo from port webcam
upload_2020-2-8_19-20-2.png

I got my vin on 15th Jan and was included in the round of text messages on Thursday. If you didn't get a text then i'd say it's on the challenge but that is only a week behind the cosmos, so should be before end of Feb

Maybe, maybe not. I think (its a guess) that each collection centre does its own texts. I have not heard of anyone picking up from Heathrow having a text yet for cars from any of these boats. So I am hoping that some other collection centres will text this week for COSMOS cars. Hopefully not just wishful thinking!

Maybe, maybe not. I think (its a guess) that each collection centre does its own texts. I have not heard of anyone picking up from Heathrow having a text yet for cars from any of these boats. So I am hoping that some other collection centres will text this week for COSMOS cars. Hopefully not just wishful thinking!

I’m collecting from Heathrow and had the text. I’ve seen other Heathrow collections get the text. Everyone seemed to get the text at the same time, so I don’t think it’s delivery centre specific.

Reactions: Mr H

My VIN appeared the same time and I’ve been told I’m on Challenge so I’m working on end Feb basis from Stockport.

My VIN appeared the same time and I’ve been told I’m on Challenge so I’m working on end Feb basis from Stockport.
Ah, I found my hidden VIN on the 24th Jan (that was when I first looked) so had assumed it might have been on the Cosmos. From what you are suggesting it sounds like I may have been a little more optimistic than was justified. (M3 AWD LR ordered on Jan 8th.)

Ah, I found my hidden VIN on the 24th Jan (that was when I first looked) so had assumed it might have been on the Cosmos. From what you are suggesting it sounds like I may have been a little more optimistic than was justified. (M3 AWD LR ordered on Jan 8th.)
Exact same spec and date as mine but I've not been given a VIN. Tesla say mid March, which suggests Grand Mark or Brooklands perhaps.

I’m also picking up from Heathrow (Black SR+ with white interior).

Had text last Thursday, no further updates since then.

Chose Heathrow over Bristol as believed it was quicker from reading previous threads, but seeing as they’ll all be coming into Southampton at the same time I’m guessing it makes little difference these days.

Can’t wait for them to build the SC in Southampton, it’s just down the road!