Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody really knows what is on which ship specifically, Have you got a hidden VIN? If/when you do, you can pretty much guess the ship from the date your VIN appears

I've ordered through Tusker salary sacrifice and they don't give RNs (no matter how often I plead) and so Tesla can't join the dots without it. I can't get any information from either of them despite calling both over the last few months.

I've ordered through Tusker salary sacrifice and they don't give RNs (no matter how often I plead) and so Tesla can't join the dots without it. I can't get any information from either of them despite calling both over the last few months.
Well, I ordered on the same day as you funnily enough and I’m pretty sure mine is on the challenge. If you’ve not had a text, I’m pretty sure you’re not on the cosmos. Seeing you ordered in Oct, I’d say you’re most likely on the challenge or the Mark. I presume you’ve tried calling Tesla to see if they can locate your specific order, surely it must have some reference to you?

Well, I ordered on the same day as you funnily enough and I’m pretty sure mine is on the challenge. If you’ve not had a text, I’m pretty sure you’re not on the cosmos. Seeing you ordered in Oct, I’d say you’re most likely on the challenge or the Mark. I presume you’ve tried calling Tesla to see if they can locate your specific order, surely it must have some reference to you?
You'd think so, but sadly no. If I can't quote an RN to Tesla then they won't even attempt to locate an order of the hundreds that Tusker have placed on them. Apparently it's a spreadsheet of specs, but no customer details. Until Tesla match a vehicle with a spec on Tusker's spreadsheet and send it back to them, then there is no tie up to me. This is what both Tusker and Tesla tell me.

Here's a challenge for someone....
The draft of the GLOVIS COSMOS on arrival in Southampton is 9.7 metres however on departure it is 9.0 metres. Assuming nothing has been loaded what is the weight of the cargo that has been unloaded? Assuming each car weighs 1900Kg how many cars is that?

The Cosmos is 199.98 m long and 32 m wide and because of the shape of the vessel the waterline won't be far off those dimensions.

Reactions: Joelly and SuperTed
Guesstimate using coefficients of 0.8 and 0.75
image.jpg

And if you weight the guesstimate 40% SR+, remainder LR/P then you get to a total of 2000 ish cars with just under 900 SR+ versions @1600kg each.

6 ships for deliveries this quarter would come out at 10-12k vehicles for the UK Q1 2020.

Compared to 5.3k deliveries Q3 2019, not sure how many ships that was.

There are lies, damn lies and guesstimates.......

Not wanting to go off piste on this shipping thread but have you tried emailing Tusker?
I pestered Tusker on email ([email protected]) for my RN, I was then able to get my VIN from Tesla, I ordered around same time as you and have been told it arrives first week March? Not sure what ship that would be? Tusker order still states end of Feb.

I phoned Tusker and they gave me the RN. Although that's not been any use as I'm still none the wiser to know which ship the car is on!

forgot to add in state of tiredness last night - calculation for estimating displacement tonnage

convert metres to feet (the info source I used worked in feet)

multiply Length x Width x Draught

multiply result by coefficient - e.g. assumption that this type of ship is 0.8 replica under water compared to above water

divide result by 35 ( an approx constant for how many cubic feet displaces 1 tonne of water)

Feel free to improve on my numbers by using more accurate data e.g. it's 35.31 cubic feet per 1 tonne of water etc ..... but you get the drift.

Reactions: Mr Miserable