Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So is the issue that they have not paid the appropriate fees to dock in Zebrugge? If so, how much are we likely to be talking about and when would this normally be paid i.e. how far in advance?

I don't know the answer to this.
I suspect there may be a legal complication thrown in to the pot of charterer, shipping company, handling agent etc
Whatever, it needs sorting.

Reactions: CP30
I don't know the answer to this.
I suspect there may be a legal complication thrown in to the pot of charterer, shipping company, handling agent etc
Whatever, it needs sorting.

Agreed! I don’t know the figures of cars sat on the dock already, but, those coupled with the addition of a days delay on GRAND MARK, is surely going to make for a lot harder job for the delivery team in the UK?

Hope that is true, but recent history taught us differently.
Anyway thanks to everyone making a thread about car shipments being more looked at than email...
Nevere would have thought I'd be doing this!
The HOEGH OSLO is not staying long at Pier 80.
It is due to arrive late tonight and then 24 hours later move off to Benicia (north side of San Francisco Bay).
So a partial load at most and, I suspect, not heading our way.
I'm no longer seeing it as an expected ship in Benicia. Where are you seeing that it's still due in Benicia?
Also it makes no sense for the ship to load at SFO, and then unload in Benicia, as Benicia is not export port, but rather an import port.
Also the usually pattern for ships is to go to Benicia first and SFO second.
Based on that, I don't believe it's going to Benicia.

That could be true if you ignore the fact that the port is operating completely normally including other pure car carriers and the complete absence of strong winds.
It's operating completely normal? Pierre Vandamme is not being used by anything but the occasional tug, there's no RORO movement in the inner part of the port, no RORO at Kaai 507-512, where Grand Mark is expected, only on the side of Kaai (519)520-532 (wind related).
This same pattern was the case prior to the arrival of Glovis Challenge, where somebody confirmed to be working onsite in Zeebrugge, stated that port operations were limited by high winds.
≡ L ͧ ⷭ W ⷶ ͭ ͤ ͬ ᷝ ͦ ͭ≡ on Twitter

I fear that nothing will happen until US east coast banks open tomorrow.
That means GRAND MARK will continue to hold until at least 14:00 our time tomorrow.
I would hope there are some urgent phone calls being made to try and settle this beforehand though.
Whatever, this is the 3rd such incident of this type we have witnessed in the last 6 months.
These incidents will be very expensive to Tesla financially and will hinder vital trading relationships and therefore need to be investigated to ensure they are never repeated. It is inexcusable in 2020.
Might I ask, what makes you believe this to be the case? Any sources?
We have seen multiple arrivals at Zeebrugge in 2019 and one in 2020, during the weekend and specifically Sundays.

Might I ask, what makes you believe this to be the case? Any sources?
We have seen multiple arrivals at Zeebrugge in 2019 and one in 2020, during the weekend and specifically Sundays.

I’d expect GLOVIS CHALLENGE to be the most recent evidence of this happening a few weeks ago. It was delayed, circling outside of Zeebrugge over a weekend and finally docked when whatever delay was cleared. In that case, it seemed to tie in with something that was cleared after the bank holiday in the USA.

I fear that nothing will happen until US east coast banks open tomorrow.
That means GRAND MARK will continue to hold until at least 14:00 our time tomorrow.
I would hope there are some urgent phone calls being made to try and settle this beforehand though.
Whatever, this is the 3rd such incident of this type we have witnessed in the last 6 months.
These incidents will be very expensive to Tesla financially and will hinder vital trading relationships and therefore need to be investigated to ensure they are never repeated. It is inexcusable in 2020.
They need to just Monzo the money across...

• Funny
Reactions: Danb_Cym and J8JOE
I’d expect GLOVIS CHALLENGE to be the most recent evidence of this happening a few weeks ago. It was delayed, circling outside of Zeebrugge over a weekend and finally docked when whatever delay was cleared. In that case, it seemed to tie in with something that was cleared after the bank holiday in the USA.
There was a storm at the time, and my source at Port of Zeebrugge, specially ICO, (linked in above comment) say it was related to that. I think it's very speculative to say the bank holiday was a factor in this, unless there's any further proof.

Reactions: Flatchat
I'm no longer seeing it as an expected ship in Benicia. Where are you seeing that it's still due in Benicia?
Also it makes no sense for the ship to load at SFO, and then unload in Benicia, as Benicia is not export port, but rather an import port.
Also the usually pattern for ships is to go to Benicia first and SFO second.
Based on that, I don't believe it's going to Benicia.

I completely understand your argument however we won't have to wait long to find out what actually happens. I don't make things up!

Or the storm had passed, which is what my sources on site in Zeebrugge tell me.
All things are possible and I am sure your sources are better than mine, I would say the week before the storm was more severe and it didn't stop the Cosmos from docking?

Mr Mis is batting a pretty high number in terms of being rather accurate when it comes to Tesla's being shipped to Europe!

Reactions: Danb_Cym
There was a storm at the time, and my source at Port of Zeebrugge, specially ICO, (linked in above comment) say it was related to that. I think it's very speculative to say the bank holiday was a factor in this, unless there's any further proof.

It was entirely speculative and it proved correct to within 30 minutes! The storm was long gone.
We shall see if further speculation works by seeing whether the GRAND MARK docks tomorrow afternoon.
Should see it moving after 1300 CET or 0900 EST.

It was entirely speculative and it proved correct to within 30 minutes! The storm was long gone.
We shall see if further speculation works by seeing whether the GRAND MARK docks tomorrow afternoon.
Should see it moving after 1300 CET or 0900 EST.
22 knots is not what I would call mild wind. If it docks tomorrow afternoon, there's still no clear evidence that the payment explanation is correct though. Winds seem to be abating tonight and tomorrow morning, so a possible move to port could be due to that as well.
Not trying to trying to stur negativity. I was simply made aware of this speculation while on Twitter, and wanted to share my retort.