Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all the people leasing, some info I have found thanks to a post earlier in this thread:

cars will be delivered direct to customers so no need to wait in service centre. This willl be at a small cost, might not make huge differences to existing quotes.

cars will be taken from the port to a ‘staging’ location - Southampton, Chipping Warden or Carlisle where they will be prepped. They will then be driven to customers. Most will arrive with less than 150 miles, depends on your delivery address location to the nearest staging location.

2 days before delivery you will get a link to track your car as it makes its way to you...best part of this change!

cars should arrive with min 30% of charge

I was also told what others have posted here, if my car isn’t delivered in March then the earliest date will be June!

For all the people leasing, some info I have found thanks to a post earlier in this thread:

cars will be delivered direct to customers so no need to wait in service centre. This willl be at a small cost, might not make huge differences to existing quotes.

cars will be taken from the port to a ‘staging’ location - Southampton, Chipping Warden or Carlisle where they will be prepped. They will then be driven to customers. Most will arrive with less than 150 miles, depends on your delivery address location to the nearest staging location.

2 days before delivery you will get a link to track your car as it makes its way to you...best part of this change!

cars should arrive with min 30% of charge

I was also told what others have posted here, if my car isn’t delivered in March then the earliest date will be June!

For all people leasing? This is contrary to what I've been told so far

Satellite update for BROOKLANDS, not showing any changes to ETA yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200224-114858.jpg
    Screenshot_20200224-114858.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: LongRanger
From what I understand it’s new orders only I.e. June deliveries. I have specifically asked not to have this service, I live no where near those places and don’t want a new car delivered with over 100 miles on it.
Does it matter if it has 100 miles on it? I would understand if you owned the vehicle outright but if it's leased anyway? (To be clear, your leasing co should only be measuring your annual mileage after this initial amount - they should be taking a record of it. That's how it worked for my currently leased car which was driven 100 miles to me!

Reactions: Flatchat
Does it matter if it has 100 miles on it? I would understand if you owned the vehicle outright but if it's leased anyway? (To be clear, your leasing co should only be measuring your annual mileage after this initial amount - they should be taking a record of it. That's how it worked for my currently leased car which was driven 100 miles to me!

No, it matters very little. I haven't had a lease car that I've collected yet, so most have arrived with anything up to 500 miles on.

Anyway, shall we continue this in Model 3 Orders and Deliveries?

Another theory is that the relationship between the local handler and Tesla soured (Elon has criticized local operations before) and that maybe the former is flexing its muscle in the discussions. Last quarter ships going straight for Amsterdam against previously communicated plans may be circumstantial evidence about a less ideal relationship. It would also explain timing : things get smoother over as soon as us executives can weigh in (we know local Tesla representatives have zero decision power)