Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
why do I get the impression Tesla UK has already accepted that quarterly delivery targets won't be met, and it makes their job much more palatable to use 2 weeks weather issues to give themselves April and possibly May to complete Q1 shipments ?

I hope this is wrong for all those waiting - for my vehicle I just threw myself firmly to the back of the queue by cancelling a Nov-19 order and re-ordering a different spec that won't be too easy to match Grey/White/Tow LR.

At least 3-4 more months of following trials and tribulations of the high seas for me ..... I rate my chances of getting lucky from Q1 units as about 2% right now :(

Just got the Delivery text. 12th March from Stockport (Manchester). Currently VIN matched to vehicle on Brooklands.

Hopefully that means that mine, on the Morning Cara, will be a few days later.
Was in Stockport today chatting to the staff. They are expecting several transporters a week for the next few weeks. They’re going to be so busy that they’ve moved test drives off site to Reddish Golf Club!

Reactions: Gatsojon
So some Tesla news,

my delivery date was set for the 4th March. I’ve paid my deposit. I have my Reg, I’m insured from the 4th and that’s paid for as well.

never been soooooo excited, booked the day off and also got my friend to book the day off, so he can give me a lift to pick the car up.

but then........I got this email

Dear customer,

I hope this finds you well.

Due to unforeseen circumstances with the weather, the vessel which your vehicle is currently on has been delayed.

The team in Manchester is currently working out how long the delay will be, but we are hoping that it will only effect your collection day by a maximum of a few days. We will be contacting you in the next 72 hours to reschedule your appointment.

For the time being, please don't feel the need to contact the store at this present time, as we will contact you.

why do I get the impression Tesla UK has already accepted that quarterly delivery targets won't be met, and it makes their job much more palatable to use 2 weeks weather issues to give themselves April and possibly May to complete Q1 shipments ?

I hope this is wrong for all those waiting - for my vehicle I just threw myself firmly to the back of the queue by cancelling a Nov-19 order and re-ordering a different spec that won't be too easy to match Grey/White/Tow LR.

At least 3-4 more months of following trials and tribulations of the high seas for me ..... I rate my chances of getting lucky from Q1 units as about 2% right now :(

That is not the way an American company works. The aim will be for invoices to be raised for each and every vehicle and to have received full settlement of as many of them as possible by 31 Mar. Some deliveries may possibly drift into April (those that insist in taking delivery after Apr 6) but they will have been paid for in March.

So some Tesla news,

my delivery date was set for the 4th March. I’ve paid my deposit. I have my Reg, I’m insured from the 4th and that’s paid for as well.

never been soooooo excited, booked the day off and also got my friend to book the day off, so he can give me a lift to pick the car up.

Dear customer,

Due to unforeseen circumstances with the weather, the vessel which your vehicle is currently on has been delayed.

The team in Manchester is currently working out how long the delay will be, but we are hoping that it will only effect your collection day by a maximum of a few days. We will be contacting you in the next 72 hours to reschedule your appointment.

For the time being, please don't feel the need to contact the store at this present time, as we will contact you.

Sugar, I have been fearing this. I am booked in for the 3rd and have taken the day off to, I am not convinced my car will be there. However i will say I'm pleasantly surprised that they emailed you rather than you finding out when you got to them!

That is not the way an American company works. The aim will be for invoices to be raised for each and every vehicle and to have received full settlement of as many of them as possible by 31 Mar. Some deliveries may possibly drift into April (those that insist in taking delivery after Apr 6) but they will have been paid for in March.

.. but will the dealers be able to process all the condensed ship arrivals ? Unless we have over-estimated total number of units for Q1 ?

So some Tesla news,

Dear customer,

me too tesla update.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: Ben M3LR
I wish I knew but we know it wasn't the weather.
The GRAND MARK was holding offshore for days whilst Zeebrugge was operating normally.
The GRAND MARK is now holding off Southampton - that isn't weather related.
Many thanks, I've just had the delayed email also was due to collect next Wednesday but was told my Performance was on the Challenge originally which seems wasn't true now.

They are pretty slick when they get their ducks in a row. It's a well practiced surge. They did it in Sep and Dec last year. A well organised sausage machine.

Was in Stockport sales this morning. Chatting with the staff they were clearly gearing up for a few busy weeks: test drives moved off site; group presentations planned for handover; permanent part of the site coned off for transporter delivery.

Many thanks, I've just had the delayed email also was due to collect next Wednesday but was told my Performance was on the Challenge originally which seems wasn't true now.

Your'e not the only person with that complaint and I wonder whether they only managed to get some of the GLOVIS CHALLENGE cars off the dock and into Southampton early. Some made it - I have no doubt as there are people who have taken delivery today but some cars, like yours, may have had to wait for the GRAND MARK.

Reactions: The Baron