Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whilst you still have satellite tracking, how's the Asian King doing?
Shown left to right: ASIAN KING, GLOVIS CAPTAIN, BROOKLANDS, GLOVIS CHALLENGE. Apologies for any innacuacies, 6 pints of Furstly Ferrer down and now on a cheap bottle of pinot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200229-180230.jpg
    Screenshot_20200229-180230.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 63
The GLOVIS CAPTAIN is due in to Zeebrugge around 16 Mar. She should pitch up at the Panama Canal late on Monday.
She won't be coming to the UK.
Sorry I meant, when would the cars from Glovis Captain come over to the UK, wether that's in a new ship or not. So I'm hopefully expecting to get my car delivered the week of the 23rd then? Wonder if it's driven to me or on a pickup

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere... but how long is it normally from arriving in Rotterdam to being able to collect the car (a Model S).

I also haven't yet had confirmation of delivery date, VIN etc... would this be normal?

Tesla told me that the car was on the Idaho about 2 weeks ago but seem to have decided that they are not telling anyone which ship their car is on - anyone else have experience of this?
From my previous experience they get shipped from Rotterdam to Tilburg (? on barges I think) then get assembled and prepped there. Then they get shipped over to UK and to delivery centre. ISTR it took about 10 days when I got my S in March 2017.

Have you checked for a hidden VIN - on your My Tesla page showing the car and the RN number click Ctrl+U to view source then search for "5YJ" which will find Tesla VINs on the page. If you search for "copyOverride" it may tell you which month they're expecting to deliver, although they'll move heaven and earth to get as many cars delivered by 30 March as they can.

Once I spotted the hidden VIN last weekend I emailed one of the guys in Bristol sales asking which ship but he didn't reply. I didn't want to be bothered following it up or telephoning, I suspect they're crazy busy and I'll find out soon enough.

From my previous experience they get shipped from Rotterdam to Tilburg (? on barges I think) then get assembled and prepped there. Then they get shipped over to UK and to delivery centre. ISTR it took about 10 days when I got my S in March 2017.

Have you checked for a hidden VIN - on your My Tesla page showing the car and the RN number click Ctrl+U to view source then search for "5YJ" which will find Tesla VINs on the page. If you search for "copyOverride" it may tell you which month they're expecting to deliver, although they'll move heaven and earth to get as many cars delivered by 30 March as they can.

Once I spotted the hidden VIN last weekend I emailed one of the guys in Bristol sales asking which ship but he didn't reply. I didn't want to be bothered following it up or telephoning, I suspect they're crazy busy and I'll find out soon enough.

Thank you, I really appreciate the information.

I only found out about the hidden VIN thing today, and, yes, there is one shown - no idea how long it has been there for. The month showing is February though, so no idea what's going on there . As yet I haven't had an invoice.

Will post back as/when I get offered a delivery date. Wondered whether anyone else with a Model S on the Idaho had been contacted with invoice/VIN/Delivery date.

Thank you, I really appreciate the information.

I only found out about the hidden VIN thing today, and, yes, there is one shown - no idea how long it has been there for. The month showing is February though, so no idea what's going on there . As yet I haven't had an invoice.

Will post back as/when I get offered a delivery date. Wondered whether anyone else with a Model S on the Idaho had been contacted with invoice/VIN/Delivery date.
My hidden VIN has been there for a number of weeks. Tesla told me a few weeks ago that my X was coming on the Maersk Ohio, though I’ve spoken to a couple of different people since who say they aren’t allowed to name the ship. No text or invoice yet. Hoping for collection mid-late March..