Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Zeebrugge schedule shows Brooklands leaving at 18:00 on March 4. Southampton schedule shows it arriving at 05:30 on March 6. It really takes almost 36 hours to make that journey?

I was always expecting it to arrive in Southampton on the 6th so I think that is more accurate. Originally you may recall the BROOKLANDS was due to arrive into Zeebrugge on the 29 Feb!

Pretty impressive that, if you ordered Jan 27 it was loaded in Houston to leave on Feb 24th. My theory therefore if my order was 8 days later on feb 4th I’ve probably got to the Maersk Montana loading in Houston as we speak. If that’s true I’d know by the end of the week that I’ve been matched so we shall see

Fingers crossed mate. Keep us posted. I'll let you know when Tesla contact me again.

Why was it not possible beforehand? How would the cars have got over here, would it have unloaded them all in Zeebrugge?

It wasn't possible because it was going elsewhere. It would have unloaded them all in Zeebrugge and the UK ones would be crossloaded on to another vessel to Southampton - it happened many times like that last year.

I was always expecting it to arrive in Southampton on the 6th so I think that is more accurate. Originally you may recall the BROOKLANDS was due to arrive into Zeebrugge on the 29 Feb!

I’ll almost certainly be in Southampton on Friday, will see if I can see it, though last time I tried to wander inconspicuously into the dock area for a quiet look around (just for a few photos of QM2) I got barked at by security and politely told to about turn and burger off :(

Wouldn’t the invoice date matter to Tesla rather than the delivery date? They’ll be sending out the final invoices for Glovis before the end of the month I presume.
No that's not how the accounting works - they need to deliver to recognise the revenue.

Edit: their financial statements specifically state "We recognize revenue on automotive sales upon delivery to the customer, which is when the control of a vehicle transfers."

Something crossed my mind earlier. BROOKLANDS is a big old unit, potentially 5000 model 3’s to be spewed out split between LHD and RHD models in the next few hours/days.

That’s over £200m of retail sales from one ship, if they were all LR/P models it would be north of £250m. Crikey.

Picking my LR AWD on Saturday 7th from Dartford (originally meant to be today 3-3-20)
I just wanted to extend my thanks to Mr. Miserable, all your efforts were much appreciated as were Long Ranger and the other ‘old hands’ on this thread.
One final Question: I’ve still no idea how my car got from the Challenge in Zeebrugge to Dartford, do we now know which route/ship was involved.
Cheers and happy VIN/ Ship spotting guys.

Morning update on Asian King attached.. she looks to have slowed again..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 06.28.44.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 06.28.44.png
    641.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Informative
Reactions: Danb_Cym