Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing at all, you’re not alone
Got a confirmed delivery text sent on Friday 6th March to pick up car on 26th March.
However I had to phone for registration number and that's when I found out that my car was on
The Glovis Captain. I still have not received my final invoice to date and I will not be content until
I actually have the car in my possession as Tesla can change times and dates vin numbers etc
at a moments notice.
But for the moment I am trying to be optimistic as I know Tesla want the business for their coffers in the first quarter
so it is surely in their interest to get those cars to their customers. Right?? Please don't answer that.

Reactions: HIWEX and Harv3y
Got my text on 6th for pick up at Stockport on 16th. Rang them on 11th to ask about the invoice and was given my reg when I asked for insurance purposes. Invoice arrived on 12th. Very helpful, but clearly under pressure with a lot of enquiries!

I don't wish to be the harbinger of bad news but I don't think anyone is going to be picking cars up for some while. Europe has gone into a lock down..I now have zero chance of picking up my car from Bordeaux next Friday. Last Thursday, our Covid-19 case and death rate was the same ratio as the UK. Yesterday, it rocketed...just like the UK did today. From midnight tonight, every non-food/essential public-facing business in France will shut. I just cannot see how the UK will resist the pressure to follow suit.

It's a possibility. I'm not due to pick up my car untl a week next Friday, and the pickup location (or at least the handover part) is inside a large mall (Bristol). I have paid for my car in full so unless there is some alternative arrangement Tesla is willing to provide then I think in all probability I'd be considering a refund. I don't particularly want my car driven to me.

I guess we'll know what's going on depending on GLOVIS CAPTAIN's movements.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN is still making good progress, having left Brixham just after 5am.
FBE68EF0-F35A-4D47-B1B9-693D48C5AC1D.jpeg