Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the Nijmegen is loading up at Houston right now...

bct_wharf_5 (2).jpg

Reactions: Vedaprime and DJP31
I'm keeping an eye on GLOVIS STELLA at the moment.
She is heading into Benicia to unload but I can't find out where she is going after that.
There is a suggestion that she is going to anchor up off Pier 80.
If she does come to Pier 80 (after RCC ASIA departs) I don't think she will be coming to Europe though - I spent a long time yesterday trawling through various European port bookings for September and didn't see her name feature - unlike RCC ASIA and GLOVIS SIGMA.

We shall see...

Last edited:
GLOVIS SUN She is due to depart Zeebrugge at 22:00 tonight and arrive in Southampton at 14:30 tomorrow.

GRAND DAHLIA Her midday Z position is shown on the chart below. As you can see she is bang on track about 150nm E of Bermuda and on time for an arrival in Zeebrugge on 13 Aug and I expect subsequently into Southampton on 15 Aug. The weather looks good for the remainder of her passage across the Atlantic. Note: Ignore the Zeebrugge port schedule entry for her.

GRAND DAHLIA Atlantic Progress.png

GLOVIS CAPTAIN She is making good progress and is on schedule to arrive at the entrance to the Panama Canal on Saturday. She will continue to experience unstable weather conditions ie thunderstorms right through until Sunday. At the moment it looks as though she might also encounter some rough weather when she arrives in the Caribbean on Sunday - nothing dramatic but nevertheless something to keep an eye on. I expect her to transit the old canal locks early on Sunday morning. My estimate for her arrival in Zeebrugge is 21 Aug. Note: Ignore her Zeebrugge port schedule entry. Don’t forget to to enter the competition! (Nobody entered yesterday :( )

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 12.20.08.png

RCC ASIA Will shortly arrive alongside Pier 80 and will commence loading later today. She is a standard sized Panamax carrier and so I would expect at least a 3 day load. No departure details are yet known although I found strong evidence to suggest she is coming to Europe. My rough estimate for her arrival in Zeebrugge is 30/31 Aug.

GLOVIS STELLA. I’m just keeping eye on this ship at the moment as she may well load at Pier 80 once RCC ASIA departs. I do not believe she is coming to Europe.

GLOVIS SIGMA I am confident that she is also bound for Europe. My rough estimate for her arrival in Zeebrugge is 10 Sep.

@Mr Miserable
What boat takes the cars to Southampton tonight, is it the Glovis Sun, or does she go off somewhere else and UK based M3s go on a different boat?
Thanks for all your hard work and the amazing help and hope you give to every one of us crazed people waiting for our cars
Sorry forget that, just seen the above post that clearly states Glovis Sun is heading to Southampton...sorry!!!!

We could definitely see a crossload to Glovis Safety to Dubai. She arrives Southampton 10.30am. Glovis Sun is due midday (marinetraffic)

port is showing times of -
Glovis Safety 1pm - dock 46
Glovis Sun 4.15pm - dock 104

Last edited:
We could definitely see a crossload to Glovis Safety to Dubai. She arrives Southampton 10.30am. Glovis Sun is due midday (marinetraffic)

port is showing times of -
Glovis Safety 1pm - dock 46
Glovis Sun 4.15pm - dock 104

Locations At Southampton

View attachment 573225

Sorry, but this is just NOT going to happen.
The green area is outside the docks - there is no connection between the docks without leaving a customs area.
When ships need to collect cars from 'the other docks' they move the ship.
You can see this under the Movements column on southamptonvts
Look at ORION HIGHWAY's entry.
Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 23.17.33.png

She is moving from 44 (Eastern Docks) to 105 (Western Docks).