Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GLOVIS SUN is now on the way to Southampton however the arrival time has now slipped to 16:15 tomorrow.
Interestingly, her draft on arrival is 8.45m however on departure to Bremerhaven on Sat evening it will be 9m
There are 2 possibilities:
1. It is wrong or
2. She is loading more than she is dropping off.

Apologies if this is a naive question (I’m new to the forum). I was told by Tesla on Wed that my M3 (VIN assigned) was waiting to be loaded in SF harbour for shipping to Zeebrugge, & should be delivered in 4-6 weeks. Is there any way of knowing the ship it’s likely to be on? Thanks.

Apologies if this is a naive question (I’m new to the forum). I was told by Tesla on Wed that my M3 (VIN assigned) was waiting to be loaded in SF harbour for shipping to Zeebrugge, & should be delivered in 4-6 weeks. Is there any way of knowing the ship it’s likely to be on? Thanks.
Welcome!
I would guess at RCC ASIA - loading now.
There is no way of knowing unless Tesla tell you the name of the ship.
You can follow the ship's journey on this thread.

Last edited:
Sorry, but this is just NOT going to happen.
The green area is outside the docks - there is no connection between the docks without leaving a customs area.
When ships need to collect cars from 'the other docks' they move the ship.
You can see this under the Movements column on southamptonvts
Look at ORION HIGHWAY's entry.
View attachment 573242
She is moving from 44 (Eastern Docks) to 105 (Western Docks).
I agree. We are likely to see a ship move if a crossload is to happen.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
GLOVIS SUN She is due to dock in Southampton at 16:15 this afternoon. She may also have cars destined for Dubai on board (she is heading to the Middle East ETA Dubai 14 Sep).

GRAND DAHLIA Continues on track for an arrival in Zeebrugge on 13 Aug (and tbc Southampton on 15 Aug). Her incorrect entry on the Zeebrugge Port Schedule which shows her arriving on the 15 Aug remains uncorrected, whereas her entry on the 13 Aug which showed her correct timings but incorrect name, has been removed!

GRAND DAHLIA Atlantic Progress.png

GLOVIS CAPTAIN Under 24 hrs to go before she arrives at the entrance to the Panama Canal. I expect her to transit the canal on Sunday morning - I will post more details on the canal transit tomorrow. She is now showing on the Zeebrugge Port Schedule as arriving on 21 Aug (as forecast) however she is not scheduled to depart until late on the 23 Aug which is a longer unloading period than normal. This would indicate to me a complete unload ie no Southampton call. Has anybody in the UK actually been told their car is on the GLOVIS CAPTAIN?
Enter the competition!

G CAPT 7 Aug.png

RCC ASIA Currently loading at Pier 80 and I believe is coming to Europe. No departure details yet (poss Sunday) but I estimate her arriving at Zeebrugge around 30/31 Aug. Southampton probably, a couple of days later.

GLOVIS STELLA Yesterday I was told that this ship would just anchor up just off Pier 80 for refuelling and then depart however another, usually reliable source, is telling me that instead of departing she will actually load at Pier 80 next Wednesday. Destination is unknown at present.

GLOVIS SIGMA Due to arrive at Pier 80 on 17 Aug. I believe she is destined for Europe. I estimate her arriving at Zeebrugge around 10 Sep & Southampton around 12 Sep.

On the radar:
Each Friday I normally try and find the future ships or narrow the field of ships of interest. In addition to those listed above we may be able to squeeze one more ship to Europe this quarter. I have yet to start today's search however there a few on my current watch list worth mentioning now:

GLOVIS CLIPPER Currently enroute to San Diego. Timing looks OK

GRAND DOLPHIN Still in Korea at present - timeline may be a bit too tight.

GLOVIS SUN She is due to dock in Southampton at 16:15 this afternoon. She may also have cars destined for Dubai on board (she is heading to the Middle East ETA Dubai 14 Sep).

GRAND DAHLIA Continues on track for an arrival in Zeebrugge on 13 Aug (and tbc Southampton on 15 Aug). Her incorrect entry on the Zeebrugge Port Schedule which shows her arriving on the 15 Aug remains uncorrected, whereas her entry on the 13 Aug which showed her correct timings but incorrect name, has been removed!

View attachment 573346

GLOVIS CAPTAIN Under 24 hrs to go before she arrives at the entrance to the Panama Canal. I expect her to transit the canal on Sunday morning - I will post more details on the canal transit tomorrow. She is now showing on the Zeebrugge Port Schedule as arriving on 21 Aug (as forecast) however she is not scheduled to depart until late on the 23 Aug which is a longer unloading period than normal. This would indicate to me a complete unload ie no Southampton call. Has anybody in the UK actually been told their car is on the GLOVIS CAPTAIN?
Enter the competition!

View attachment 573348

RCC ASIA Currently loading at Pier 80 and I believe is coming to Europe. No departure details yet (poss Sunday) but I estimate her arriving at Zeebrugge around 30/31 Aug. Southampton probably, a couple of days later.

GLOVIS STELLA Yesterday I was told that this ship would just anchor up just off Pier 80 for refuelling and then depart however another, usually reliable source, is telling me that instead of departing she will actually load at Pier 80 next Wednesday. Destination is unknown at present.

GLOVIS SIGMA Due to arrive at Pier 80 on 17 Aug. I believe she is destined for Europe. I estimate her arriving at Zeebrugge around 10 Sep & Southampton around 12 Sep.

On the radar:
Each Friday I normally try and find the future ships or narrow the field of ships of interest. In addition to those listed above we may be able to squeeze one more ship to Europe this quarter. I have yet to start today's search however there a few on my current watch list worth mentioning now:

GLOVIS CLIPPER Currently enroute to San Diego. Timing looks OK

GRAND DOLPHIN Still in Korea at present - timeline may be a bit too tight.

Any reason why the Glovis Sun will be docking so late, considering she’s nearly there? Will she just have to wait out at sea for a while till her time slot?

Mr Miserable, I know that you primarily mentioned the container ships that the M3 are on but do you know the current whereabouts of the SAFMARINE MAFADI and/or its estimated date of arrival? I presume that it will be going to the Netherlands as it hopefully my M3 will be on it. I did try googling it but everywhere I looked seemed to be 5 days out of date.
Thanks in advance.

Mr Miserable, I know that you primarily mentioned the container ships that the M3 are on but do you know the current whereabouts of the SAFMARINE MAFADI and/or its estimated date of arrival? I presume that it will be going to the Netherlands as it hopefully my M3 will be on it. I did try googling it but everywhere I looked seemed to be 5 days out of date.
Thanks in advance.
Your M3 will not be onboard the SAFMARINE MAFARDI. Only Model S and X are possibly on her. Your car will be on the RoRo vessels that I track daily. When have you been told to expect delivery?