Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maersk Nijimegen has left port and hopefully continuing her route with the next stop being Rotterdam (arriving later today)!

20200822_100424.jpg

You knew it was coming.....
The GLOVIS SIGMA competition is here!

All you have to do is, using your skill and judgement, decide which gridsquare GLOVIS SIGMA will be in at Midday UTC on 6 Sep 20
Only 1 entry per person
In the event of a tie, the person who chose the closest gridsquare first will be declared the winner.
Entries will close when GLOVIS SIGMA enters the Panama Canal.
There is no prize - it's just bit of fun!

Clue: The ship will be travelling from Panama (bottom left) up to the English Channel (top right)
Tip: Enter early to 'own' your square!

GRID.jpg

ENTER HERE

So I have just been analysing Teslas website (Web Developer, its what I do!), and it turns out it leaks info like a sieve!

On the inventory page, you can determine when a car in transit is going to arrive into Zeebrugge.

So at the moment, they are expecting Glovis Sigma to arrive in Zeebrugge on the 13th September which is inline with @Mr Miserable's prediction.

That's how you find the hidden VIN and you can see when you have paid whether it has been credited to your account, or not.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN continues to unload in Zeebrugge. Today I expect her to load the UK bound cars that GRAND DAHLIA left on the dock together with Model S & X fresh from reassembly in Tilburg. She will depart Zeebrugge tonight and will arrive in Southampton at 14:30 tomorrow afternoon.

RCC ASIA Her position at midday today is shown on the chart below. ETA Zeebrugge PM 01 Sep. I have been told that she is carrying a significant number of cars for the UK and so I guess we can expect her in Southampton around 4 Sep

RCC ASIA Atlantic Progress.png

GLOVIS SIGMA I understand she has a lot of RHD cars onboard too. She continues towards Panama at just over 14 kts where she is scheduled to arrive on 31 Aug. She is presently about 150nm SW of Los Angeles. Hurricane Genevieve is now described as Post-Tropical Cyclone Genevieve. GLOVIS SIGMA will be in the area of the storm this time tomorrow when the weather system will have decayed even further and no longer pose any kind of threat. The GLOVIS SIGMA will be the largest vessel to come to Europe in Q3, equal in size to SILVER RAY in Q2, but smaller than BROOKLANDS in Q1. Although she is a fairly standard 200m in length she is 35.43m wide. That makes her too wide for the old Panama Canal locks and so she will have to use the new ones. The GLOVIS SIGMA competition is now open! ENTER HERE

GLOVIS CHALLENGE As predicted, she departed Pier 80 last night enroute to China.

GLOVIS CLIPPER is currently enroute to Pier 80 and will arrive early on Monday morning. I strongly believe she is coming to Europe and so I have pencilled her in to arrive at Zeebrugge around 17 Sep.

GLOVIS SUNLIGHT She is due to start loading at Pier 80 on 29 Aug and I expect her to head to the Far East.

K.ASIAN BEAUTY She is currently in Freeport, Texas and will be heading down the coast to Mexico next, arriving in Altamira tomorrow afternoon. By my reckoning she needs to be at the Panama Canal by Wednesday if she is to turn up to Pier 80 on time to load on Sep 4. She is meant to be coming to Europe but the timing is very tight and Tropical Storm Laura is heading her way and just to compound it so is Tropical Storm Marco too! Double trouble.

The analysts who follow this thread may find this table of interest.
I have listed below the ships that came to Europe each quarter this year and their corresponding RT capacities.
An RT is a unit of measure based on a 1966 Toyota Corona and clearly a Tesla Model 3 is larger and significantly heavier.
Note that both the GLOVIS CLIPPER and K.ASIAN BEAUTY in Q3 are assumed.

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 13.30.15.png

GLOVIS CAPTAIN
Just be aware that it will take a little while to depart - she has turn around and there is a set of locks to go through as well...

She has posted an ETA of 10:00 tomorrow at Southampton. The port schedule is still showing 14:30 however I cannot see a problem if she is early - the dock will be free

Last edited:
Reactions: M3-Newbie