Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RCC ASIA is due in to Southampton 09:30 tomorrow morning ...

Mr Miserable, we collected our M3 yesterday so won't be frequenting this thread very often now I don't expect, however prior to pickup we loved seeing your daily updates on ship progress. Just wanted to say a huge thanks for making our wait more bearable!!

Mr Miserable, we collected our M3 yesterday so won't be frequenting this thread very often now I don't expect, however prior to pickup we loved seeing your daily updates on ship progress. Just wanted to say a huge thanks for making our wait more bearable!!
Thanks!
Enjoy the car - I still get a thrill driving mine over a year later.

Reactions: XHabjab
I have just been told that the RCC ASIA may have delivered some LHD Model Y to Zeebrugge.
I'm not sure whether these are heading to the Tesla showrooms, press promotions or for customer delivery.
I wonder whether any will make their way to the UK? We had LHD Model 3s in the showrooms initially last year.

That is a very big development. Makes sense with everything we are seeing globally around Model Y.

So your car is on the Platinum Ray too? I’m picking mine up from Dartford at 10:30 on the 21st
Same date and time but from Heathrow for my collection! Presumably it's also on the Platinum Ray - no date had been showing until about 7pm last night... just relieved to have been finally given a collection date / time!

Just hope all the cars headed to Newark have not been damaged if they've been on a train / in transit from the west coast to the east coast!

Thanks for all the useful info in this thread!

I spoke to Tesla earlier today and was told my car was in Zeebrugge, I presume that means it’s on the RCC Asia and hitting the U.K. tomorrow morning? They still couldn’t say anything about the delivery date except that it would be in September, which seems odd? I would’ve thought it would be fairly soon!

Thanks for all the useful info in this thread!

I spoke to Tesla earlier today and was told my car was in Zeebrugge, I presume that means it’s on the RCC Asia and hitting the U.K. tomorrow morning? They still couldn’t say anything about the delivery date except that it would be in September, which seems odd? I would’ve thought it would be fairly soon!
Mines on the Asia and I’m collecting on the 10th...

Of concern is the fact that GLOVIS CLIPPER is still waiting in the anchorage to be called forward for her canal transit.
This is very unusual - a ship races at full speed for days to get to the canal and then just sits and waits?
I'm pretty sure the phone lines to Panama are about to get red hot....

Cowes Webcam
6EAD6877-3BC1-4EBE-B85F-AC18EE99E831.jpeg

Reactions: Mr Miserable
RCC ASIA arrived in Southampton earlier this morning.

GLOVIS SIGMA She successfully made her way through the Mona Passage last night and is now in the Atlantic. Her position at midday today is shown on the chart below. As expected she has opened the throttle and is maintaining nearly 19 kts at the moment. Tropical Depression Omar is currently to the east of Bermuda at the moment but is forecast to track to the north now and no further east and so should not pose a threat to GLOVIS SIGMA in the next 24 hours. Her ETA in Zeebrugge is late evening of 12 Sep.

GLOVIS SIGMA Atlantic Progress.png

GLOVIS CLIPPER She arrived on time at the entrance to the Panama Canal last night after a very fast transit from Pier 80. I was expecting her to transit the canal early this morning however she only got called forward a couple of hours ago and is only now entering Miraflores lock. There is some nasty weather in the central Caribbean halfway between the canal exit and the Mona Passage which may encourage her to go for the Windward Passage to enter the Atlantic. She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 16 Sep which is easily achievable. She is not due to depart until 14:00 on 17 Sep and so if she is coming to Southampton it will be on 18 Sep.
The GLOVIS CLIPPER competition is now closed.

No more ships will load at Pier 80 until October.

Tesla have sent a shipment by rail to Newark for shipment to Europe from there.
PLATINUM RAY is the ship being used to transport the cars to Europe and she continues to load at Newark. No departure details are yet known but assuming 3 days to load probably means a Saturday night departure and arrival in Zeebrugge around 14th and Southampton around 16th. These dates will be firmed up once she departs Newark.

Enter the PLATINUM RAY competition! It’ll close when she departs NEWARK.