Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello - my car is supposed to be on the Aurora - collecting from Southampton on Friday -Tesla just rang to say the boat will dock on Saturday and I can’t get my car till then...I’ve booked day off, train tickets and childcare for Friday. Is it really not docking till then?? Thank you.
As far as I can tell GRAND AURORA will dock tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon at 16:45.
This is later than Tesla probably expected and so they will be ringing around to delay collections.
I would ring them again (don't ask for the same person) and point out why you need to collect on Friday.
If push comes to a shove you can point out that there is no ship scheduled to arrive from Zeebrugge on Saturday.

• Informative
Reactions: StevehConwy
The good news is at least GRAND AURORA has left Amsterdam and is on her way to Southampton.
She will move alongside 104 once SILVER SUN has departed around 16:15 tomorrow.
I know the port schedule now says 18:15 but I'm hopeful that may come left if SILVER SUN departs promptly.

Reactions: MGrove
GLOVIS CRYSTAL. I'm now pretty satisfied that the AIS position signal we are receiving is genuine and not faulty. The ship really is just sitting there 200nm NW of the Azores.
The Zeebrugge Port Schedule has been updated and shows that she is now not expected to arrive until 0800 on 8th Dec. The AIS signal was updated with this ETA too. So it's confirmed that she is now going to be arriving 3 days later than originally planned.
One might assume Zeebrugge can't handle the flood of cars that are inbound. They experienced GRAND AURORA and TOSCANA being in port simultaneously and the idea of of a repeat performance by GLOVIS CRYSTAL and TANNHAUSER a week later may have been just too much to handle.
There is however a flaw to this argument because by delaying GLOVIS CRYSTAL to the 8th it will mean that she will be joined by RCC AMSTERDAM which continues to race across the Atlantic aiming to also arrive on the 8th. I think there will be a logistical reason for the delay and it may not be with the port.
So the remaining question is why stop where she is? If you recall I did say the weather would be rough for her on Thursday and Friday and so by holding her position she is actually keeping well clear of the bad weather. That's my guess anyway.
Will she wait there until RCC AMSTERDAM catches up and they race each other to the finish line? I suspect not, but if weather avoidance is her motive I can see her sitting there until Friday at least.
Nevertheless, it is a bizarre situation.

Last edited:
Looks the Grand Aurora is in the channel heading to Southampton, will shortly pass through the Dover/Calais gap!

exciting!!

Attachments

• BC93728F-3CBD-4C93-9BF3-93BCA2399F8C.jpeg
    BC93728F-3CBD-4C93-9BF3-93BCA2399F8C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
Reactions: Tezlazen
Do you think this will have an impact on pickup times? I’m supposed to collect from Dartford on the 12th.

I think you need to be prepared for a delay, she's not scheduled to leave Zeebrugge until 10pm on the 10th now, so it's unlikely you car will get there in time for your pick up, but like all of us on the ship you'll have to wait for an update from Tesla as things develop.

I think you need to be prepared for a delay, she's not scheduled to leave Zeebrugge until 10pm on the 10th now, so it's unlikely you car will get there in time for your pick up, but like all of us on the ship you'll have to wait for an update from Tesla as things develop.

This was my thinking. I'd imagine they will try their best to keep to schedule even if it means working through the night as that ship is full of the performance cars and in terms of their business, they will be loathed to disappoint those customers. Not diminishing the SR+ people, but money will talk for Tesla.

This was my thinking. I'd imagine they will try their best to keep to schedule even if it means working through the night as that ship is full of the performance cars and in terms of their business, they will be loathed to disappoint those customers. Not diminishing the SR+ people, but money will talk for Tesla.

Well with my Customer Service hat on I would attempt to disrupt as few customers as possible, so if I had to disrupt 10% badly to avoid disrupting 90% quite badly then that's the kind of action I would take.

But we all know that customer service does not seem to be Tesla's strong point...

• Funny
Reactions: ringi and tobyadams