Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if the new version caused it, but after updating, my phone app does not connect to the car. Phone as a key still functions, but I can't connect after unpairing, redownloading the app, restarting phone, resetting cache on app, or anything... Anyone experience something similar? Car is 2018 on HW 2.5

Not sure if the new version caused it, but after updating, my phone app does not connect to the car. Phone as a key still functions, but I can't connect after unpairing, redownloading the app, restarting phone, resetting cache on app, or anything... Anyone experience something similar? Car is 2018 on HW 2.5
The same thing happened to me after updating to 2022.12.3.2 although I thought it was just a glitch on my phone. Current version of iOS 15.4.1 on an iPhone 7+. I would get a black screen when opening the app. Force-quitting the app and rebooting the phone didn’t work.

Deleting and reinstalling the app fixed the issue and it’s worked fine since.

Funny thing this morning not sure if it was related to my 12.3.1 update a week or so ago. It recorded my entire drive to work hour+ and was still recording when I went out to the car at lunch. Not a big deal but prevented Sentry mode from working while I was in a parking garage.

Anyone having any issues with their USB since installing this update? Since about the time I installed 12.3.1, every day when I first get in the car there is a red X on the camera with an error message. The only way I have been able to get rid of the error is by unplugging and replugging in the USB (sometimes more than once). I’m curious if it is related to this update or something else.

Anyone having any issues with their USB since installing this update? Since about the time I installed 12.3.1, every day when I first get in the car there is a red X on the camera with an error message. The only way I have been able to get rid of the error is by unplugging and replugging in the USB (sometimes more than once). I’m curious if it is related to this update or something else.
Mine started doing the same thing after getting the 2022.8.3 update. I reformatted and still same issue.

Reactions: CreativeName

I’ve reported the same issue with my car recently.

I’m on the older 2022.4.5.21 (FSD Beta) though.

Initially cam and sentry wouldn’t work at all. Pulling drive out and putting back in. Reseting the car.

Reformatted the drive on the computer. Car saw the drive but wouldn’t use it. Tried formatting on car but wouldn’t format it. Again drive still works fine on computer and other cars.

Got a new drive and car would use it if formatted on computer or car.

I still get the X when starting the car. But I had to unplug and replug like you. Now though I noticed that if I just leave it alone the X goes away on its own after a few minutes.

Tried the original and still doesn’t work.

As a side note I often drive (esp with FSD on) and the rear camera constantly keeps freezing every 2-3 seconds for a fraction of a second and then repeats.

There are obvious issues with recent BUILDS. Honesty I’m starting to think that with all the extra features they’ve been adding in over the years the HW2.5/3.0 cars are being overtaxed. Ryzen HW seems to be becoming a requirement.

Yeah that's what I had it was constantly recording and had the hour+ drive still recording. If I unplugged it it stopped and the x went away.

Funny it happened again this morning it recorded the whole trip. I deleted the hour long video when I got to work so that I could turn on Sentry mode.
It's odd that it started so many days after the update and not right after. I'll have to try a reboot.

After my M3 updated a few days ago, it lost the 70% charge limit I keep the car at and it let the car charge to 100%. I didn't notice it for 2 days so now my battery sat at 100% for 48 hours. Totally the exact opposite strategy than I was using to avoid degradation. This sucks!!!

Last edited:
After my M3 updated a few days ago, it lost the 70% charge limit I keep the car at and it let the car charge to 100%. I didn't notice it for 2 days so now my battery sat at 100% for 48 hours. Totally the exact opposite strategy than I was using to avoid degradation. This sucks!!!
Mine has been good still charges to 70% every night.

After the base 12.3 update, I rec'd an alert to reinsert the USB drive. Would do it repeatedly and each time the alert would pop up immediately again. Put a ticket into service and they remotely diagnosed. After the 12.3.2 update, the alert went away and stayed away. I notified service twice that the alert is gone. They are keeping my mobile appointment for next week and today I found that they are replacing my glovebox for this issue.

Same here, no issues maintaining 70% charge limit since the update. No phone key or BT sound issues either on our Y, but I haven’t tested browser sound yet. No Sentry Mode or drive time recording issues either. I always do a reboot after each software update.
Yeah the Sentry thing is odd I received the update on 4/27 and it didn't start these hour long recordings until 5/2 going back to work.
The trunk still stops occasionally as well but heard that isn't fixed until 2022.16.

Mine has been good still charges to 70% every night.
I have a MY as well. The 70% limit held on the MY when it updated but went to 100% on the M3 without any intervention on my part when the M3 updated. It's weird. The M3 suddenly had a 12.3.2 update this morning after I saw that it was charged to 100% so I'm not sure if this might be Tesla patching the problem.

I have a MY as well. The 70% limit held on the MY when it updated but went to 100% on the M3 without any intervention on my part when the M3 updated. It's weird. The M3 suddenly had a 12.3.2 update this morning after I saw that it was charged to 100% so I'm not sure if this might be Tesla patching the problem.
I'm still waiting for the next series of patches in the wild. I want my trunk fixed. Hopefully the reboot I just did at lunch fixes my sentry mode. I like having it on in the garage at work.

I went from 12.3.1 to 12.3.2 (the latter, just about an hour ago) in a week, that's the quickest update iteration I've had, must've been something extremely funky in the previous version x.2 FWIW, my car seemed fine on x.2, re: the charging indicator, however, I had lost WiFi connectivity which was a first in as long as I can remember, required a reboot before the download/update would continue.

Interestingly, on TeslaScope there's a lot of pending installs "Waiting on WiFi", I wonder if they're also experiencing a WiFi issue[?]

Yes. I've had to unplug and reinsert my external SSD twice now. I formatted it and it hasn't occurred again.

I just want a 3rd party shop to retrofit a Ryzen in my 2021 LR. That CPU and Li-ion batteries came out mere months after I took delivery.

This software is for sure getting more bloat and it's going to take more hardware headroom to run it all smoothly.

I just want a 3rd party shop to retrofit a Ryzen in my 2021 LR. That CPU and Li-ion batteries came out mere months after I took delivery.

This software is for sure getting more bloat and it's going to take more hardware headroom to run it all smoothly.
AMD and Intel have different board connectors and Li-ion has higher voltage. Tesla had to make few component changes (wiper motors and tow board, if I remember correctly ) to accommodate new voltage requirements. I don't know if anyone would agree to do this. In any case, it will likely void your warranty. I would just wait for Tesla to offer retrofit or, at least, wait for warranty to expire.
Of course you can always sell your car and buy newer version...

I was really excited to get this release to put the seat heaters back on the bottom bar, but instead got really disappointed that the Additional Bottom Bar Customization is not being released to Legacy S/X in this update (also annoyed we can't view Sentry remotely still):

Reactions: KArnold and Hbrink