Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, I f-ed up my versions in my previous post, where I said:

FWIW, my car seemed fine on x.2, re: the charging indicator, however, I had lost WiFi connectivity which was a first in as long as I can remember, required a reboot before the download/update would continue.

I mean, when I was on 12.3.1, the car was parked, I found out about 12.3.2, and while still on x.1 my WiFi had disconnected, had to reboot, then I installed x.2 (my original post sounded like the WiFi issue was on the newer version, but that wasn't the case).

On 2022.12.3.2 and still have the red x on the dashcam and no USB music folder detection, just like on 2022.12.3.1. Need to unplug and plug in each time this happens (while in Park). Annoying because if i don't realize and suddenly need the footage, it's not there.

Reactions: Lonewulf45
Just updated to 12.3.2 now. Connectivity seems to be better now compared to 12.3.1.

Will need more time to say for sure but when I got in my car after the update I actually had service immediately compared to before when the car would take it's time connecting or sometimes never connect. I also anecdotally notice the app takes less time to display information now.

Everything else seems to be working just as it should including dashcam.

Reactions: Transformer
Ever since 2022.12.3.2 my app as been having issues waking up the car. I have unlock and relock doors to kinda wake it up or else it just keeps on turning with te app never able to connect to the car?

I did not have that problem with the previous update 2022.12.3.1.
I decided to try a reboot of the car and since yesterday it seemed to have helped because now when I open the app it connects like before within a few seconds.

Reactions: OliverM3
Jumping from 2022.8.2 to 2022.12.3.2, I'm happy to have the restored navigation text size and buttons on the bottom bar for wipers and defrosters! I haven't encountered any bugs although I don't have a power trunk and don't use the browser.

V11 now amounts to usability improvements over V10 like some larger tap targets, positioning some pop-ups where they can be operated with a hand braced on the bottom, direct access to 2 audio sources, and the ability to hide out-of-season seat warmer buttons to leave bigger tap margins on the temp control.

Mainly what remains to restore are night map contrast, map & backup camera size, and speedometer size.

I just completed a long drive on 2022.12.3.2. I think that the FSD is more erratic than before - it moves uncomfortably close to the lane borders. Also, when going through a curve it does not follow the apex like before. It is very strange - almost like driving straight until it gets to the border of the lane and then it starts turning. Then, it end next to the opposite border.
Has anyone else experienced this?

For those with no sound, are you sure it’s not the Bluetooth bug? On 12.3.1 and .2 my phone is connected (off hook, the card is up all the time) so no media will play. Go into Bluetooth and tell it to disconnect your current phone and see if that fixes the media for the current trip. You can also tell the phone is the issue because you have the green phone indicator at the top of the screen.
Looks like this issue I had was from another app hijacking the Bluetooth. A reminder that a phone reboot will not do to troubleshoot as all apps are still running. Be sure to shut down all apps by hand and restart them to see which one is the culprit and that it’s the phone causing the issue and not the car. No issues since I killed all the apps. Still don’t know which one was doing it.

However, I’ve noted that many apps now ask for permission to ‘scan for local Bluetooth devices’ when you first install them. Unless you know that they actually need to do so, I’d say no. Most have no need to use Bluetooth.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
On 2022.12.3.2 and still have the red x on the dashcam and no USB music folder detection, just like on 2022.12.3.1. Need to unplug and plug in each time this happens (while in Park). Annoying because if i don't realize and suddenly need the footage, it's not there.
Having the same issue since updating to 2022.12.3. Never had any problem previously (for over a year) now every time the car sits for any length of time the red X is on the dash cam icon.

Usually I can make it go away by just formatting the "USB" from teh safety menu, but this obviously wipes everything, but today that didn't work and I had to unplug then reformat to get a functioning dash-cam.

It sucks because you can bet that the one time I forget to check will be the one time I actually need the video!

Having the same issue since updating to 2022.12.3. Never had any problem previously (for over a year) now every time the car sits for any length of time the red X is on the dash cam icon.

Usually I can make it go away by just formatting the "USB" from teh safety menu, but this obviously wipes everything, but today that didn't work and I had to unplug then reformat to get a functioning dash-cam.

It sucks because you can bet that the one time I forget to check will be the one time I actually need the video!
I'm trying to hit the record one time right when starting the car. That seems to stop the continuous recording that messes things up with this update.
I'll check at lunch usually that when I notice that it has been recording my entire drive.

On 12.3.1 now, previously dashcam always worked perfectly.

Then last week, had to swerve into the parking lane on a city street to avoid a truck that pulled out from the left, took over my entire spot in the lane.

Went to hit record on the dashcam, and it was red x. Got home and investigated, pulled usb and plugged back in, fixed it.

Digging through the clips, last clip was a new thing for me: a 10 minute clip with the red dot like sentry mode, showing the time I stopped to let a pedestrian cross the road. Didn't know it would auto save random events like this? Is that a thing?

Then 5 more seconds, and nothing after that. (the rolling 1 hour clip, which has been there since day one, was gone).

Now it's about 50/50 when I start red x or no red x.

Pretty frustrating.

On 12.3.1 now, previously dashcam always worked perfectly.

Then last week, had to swerve into the parking lane on a city street to avoid a truck that pulled out from the left, took over my entire spot in the lane.

Went to hit record on the dashcam, and it was red x. Got home and investigated, pulled usb and plugged back in, fixed it.

Digging through the clips, last clip was a new thing for me: a 10 minute clip with the red dot like sentry mode, showing the time I stopped to let a pedestrian cross the road. Didn't know it would auto save random events like this? Is that a thing?

Then 5 more seconds, and nothing after that. (the rolling 1 hour clip, which has been there since day one, was gone).

Now it's about 50/50 when I start red x or no red x.

Pretty frustrating.
Yeah it's still messed up in 12.3.2 mine records my entire trip everyday to work about an hour of video. I'm hoping the next release comes soon so I can have my reliable dashcam and sentry back. Today I just tried pressing it once when entering the car in the morning as stated above hopefully that stops the constant recording.